Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jesmonta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2005, 02:18 PM
    Xp Office
    I have an Me Operating system and I`m trying to install the Microsoft Xp Office. It is installed successfully but as I reboot the installation is lost.When I click on the shortcut for either Word,exel or Powerpoint ,I always get the massage `This action only valid for products that are currently installed.Even the program extensions are lost. Could anyone help please? :confused:
    AbysmalSpy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2005, 07:43 PM
    I'm not sure but does Xp Office wok on ME?

Peter
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2005, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AbysmalSpy

Peter
    According to this http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/xp/sysreqs.asp he should be OK. The problem appears to be that your Registry does not save the installation information. Try doing a virus scan. Then do an installation without the virus scan active. I'm assuming that you are installing a 'legit' copy of Office XP. :D
    jesmonta Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2005, 11:23 AM
    Xp Office
    Quote Originally Posted by AbysmalSpy

Peter

Yes! But lately I am encountering problems on my computer with it.
    gtonimusha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2005, 11:13 PM
    I need a big help
    When I tried to install the Microsoft office XP to my Windows XP professional , it had a error windows that show "The system cannot read from the specific device" , what is that about , can someone help me?
    SESaskDFC Posts: 214, Reputation: 17

Jan 29, 2005, 01:42 PM
    Howdy:

You would be better served starting your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's!

The error means there is something wrong with the disk.. Take it back to where you bought it from for a replacement..

Murray

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ms Office [ 3 Answers ]

Hi when I try to open a word file its taking a long time for it to open as it says its scanning for virus.. its taking almost 2 minutes for a file to open. It happens with the smallest size of word document

Office 300 [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I have Office 3000 for a 60 day free trial with my computer - I had to do a system restore last week and ever since then I keep getting a pop up box trying to install Office 3000 - then I get an error message - a required installation file SKU112.CAB could not be found - it tells me to...

Help! With windows office! [ 5 Answers ]

OK so I have windows 2003on my brand new laptop (haha) and so the laptop comes with the 30 day trial for windows 2006 but I don't want that. Every time I open like word it pops up then it says=installing windows 2006 trial. And I can't open my projects I've done cause when I close the installation...

Installing office in XP [ 5 Answers ]

I purchased a new laptop that came with windows XP professional. The first time I logged on to the internet, I used Windows update and installed all the updates. Then, I inserted my Office XP cd and got this message. "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location...

Please help out of office notice [ 1 Answers ]

How to set up the notice at MS outlook?

View more questions Search