Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheekyfairy3 Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2007, 03:45 AM
    Maths - Brain Teaser - Riddle.
    Could u help answer my maths problem solving question? It's really hard... :confused:

A man goes out to dinner and comes home again. He goes upstairs to his room and gets into his pyjamas, then turns off the light. In the morning he looks out the window, then jumps out the window and kills himself. Why?

... the only clues that the math teacher gave me were:

:o it was something 2 do wiv someone he saw

:( he killed himself on purpose

Thanks,

From cheekyfairy3
    jettataxidrvr Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Mar 11, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Maybe when he looked out the window he saw his wife in bed with his next door neighbour.

If this is the answer then the man was a fool because no one is worth killing yourself for.
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2007, 11:08 AM
    I once seen a riddle similar to this one, except the man heard a loud noise and then jumped out the window.

He lived in a lighthouse. When he turned off the light he caused a ship to wreck. He couldn't take what he had done, so he killed himself.
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Mar 12, 2007, 07:45 AM
    I agree with galactus. Sounds plausible enough for me!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 12:56 PM
    But the lighthouse's bedroom would be downstairs - the upstairs, where the light is, is not a living space - for the majority of lighthouses. Still, it is not a bad answer.

Mar 16, 2007, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jettataxidrvr
    Maybe when he looked out the window he saw his wife in bed with his next door neighbour.

If this is the answer then the man was a fool because no one is worth killing yourself for.

No, soz jettataxidrvr, I'm pretty sure that's not the answer.. thanks but... :)

Mar 16, 2007, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galactus
    I once seen a riddle similar to this one, except the man heard a loud noise and then jumped out the window.

He lived in a lighthouse. When he turned off the light he caused a ship to wreck. He couldn't take what he had done, so he killed himself.

Thanks galactus, u got the right answer... but I figured it out just before u posted it!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About maths in GRE [ 3 Answers ]

i'm a b.tech biotechnology student who wants to appear for gre.i'm really poor at maths since i'm a bi.pc student.i really can't concentrate on maths due to my poorgrades in it in school days. Now there's gre ahead.how should i prepare for it? Is it really tough? i'm really good at other...

Advance maths [ 2 Answers ]

Need some help with vectors and functions or any website with these information relating to vectors and functions. VECTORS -addition, subtraction, and multiplication of vectors by a scalar -displacement and position vectors -magnitude of a vector -equal. Parallel and perpendicular vectors ...

View more questions Search