Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danalee10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2012, 12:48 PM
    Can I receive unemployment if I'm high risk and quit?
    Well I recently quit my job due to me being a high risk pregnancy and I was wonering if I can still file for unemployment been there for 7. And half months
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
    No. Unemployment is for people who are ready, willing, and ABLE to work (and they must continue to look). And most claims when people have quit are denied anyway. The employer gets the chance to respond to the claim and the unemployment office makes a determination.

You are temporarily disabled, possibly, depending on doctor's statement and type of work required. But if your job doesn't have benefits for that, you are out of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does it work if you have unemployment and receive a 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

I was lad off in May 2009 and this year (2010) I helped a friend with some work. He gave me a 1099. Will I have to pay back any unemployment benefits and not receive any more?

Can you receive unemployment after being on workman's comp [ 0 Answers ]

I have been on workman's comp for the last 10 months. I know when I go back to work, I'll be laid off. Would I be eligible for unemployment benefits, since I haven't worked or had earned income?

Can I receive unemployment while working as 1099 [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here's the situation: I was laid off a few months ago and am currently collecting unemployment benefits. I have been offered 1099 work but there is no promise of additional or consistent work. My question is, can I collect 1099 money and not be responsible for claiming it with the...

Should she receive Unemployment [ 10 Answers ]

This story takes place in the state of PA. So my girlfriend was working at this temp agency for about 4-6 months on and off. One day her boss got into a fight with her and raised his hand at her and make her look like a fool in front of everyone talking about her medical history and all kinds of...

Unemployment how long I have to work to receive [ 1 Answers ]

How long do I have to work to get unemployment

View more questions Search