Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ebarak2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2012, 08:22 PM
    York gas furnace - how do I find terminal C?
    Hello,

I have a York gas furnace model P3URB12N07501B
    I purchased a Honeywell thermostat that requires connection to c wiring. I had an extra blue wire that canbe used for it.
    When I was looking to connect the blue tote terminal I noticed there is a bother wire that is already connected and which is not part of the wiring that goes to the t hermostat (maybe part of the furnace). Can I connect the blue wire to the c terminal even though the other wire is also connected.

Thank you in advance for your help

EB
    stinkyjak Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 10:26 AM
    I have the same question. I don't know how to get to the terminal block. There is no mention of this in any manual. I can see the wire running into an area under the ignitor area... I don't want to force my way in a break something.
    stinkyjak Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2013, 12:17 PM
    Ok, out of frustration I figured this out on my own. The Terminal block is under the ignitor. You have to lift and out on the handle that covers the ignitor box, then under that you have to slide up and then out to remove the panel cover for the box that houses all the wiring and the terminal block. This wasn't sliding up and it was moving and bending other parts so I thought this was bolted... no it was just rusted on. Once I was able to get to the terminal block for the Your Diamond 80 furnace, I was able to locate the "C" terminal and wire up my thermostat with no further issues. I wish this was in a manual somewhere, but it doesn't seem like York is very professional about their documentation. I will not purchasing a York when this one finally goes.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2013, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyjak View Post
    I wish this was in a manual somewhere, but it doesn't seem like York is very professional about their documentation. I will not purchasing a York when this one finally goes.
    Did the installer leave the installation manual? Such things should be covered in the install manual. Manufacturers don't include every little detail about their equipment in owners manuals, nor should they.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 6, 2013, 02:20 PM
    Ebarak, do you have central air conditioning with this unit? If so, the wire that is connected to the c terminal at the furnace is simply a common that leads to your outside unit. Not a big deal at all. To answer your question, yes, you can definitely hook the c (common) wire from the stat to the c terminal on the furnace control board along with the other wire. I promise you it will not create any issues.
    6ryan6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 09:37 PM
    Okay I got the same problem trying to find the terminal I removed the cover with the handle but where is the terminal?
    6ryan6 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 09:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyjak View Post
    Ok, out of frustration I figured this out on my own. The Terminal block is under the ignitor. You have to lift up and out on the handle that covers the ignitor box, then under that you have to slide up and then out to remove the panel cover for the box that houses all the wiring and the terminal block. This wasn't sliding up and it was moving and bending other parts so I thought this was bolted... no it was just rusted on. Once I was able to get to the terminal block for the Your Diamond 80 furnace, I was able to locate the "C" terminal and wire up my thermostat with no further issues. I wish this was in a manual somewhere, but it doesn't seem like York is very professional about their documentation. I will not purchasing a York when this one finally goes.
    Does that bottom panel come off too?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2013, 10:35 PM
    All control boards are in the blower wheel part of the furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

York heat pump and air handler, what is the low volt terminal "x" do? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm replacing a thermostat and of course there is an exra wire. In my old stat (honeywell chronotherm III) there is a terminal marked X. There is no information in the installation guide for new t stat(rth7400)for this terminal. It goes to the air handler and then to the heat pump where it is...

Connecting batteryless thermostat with a "C" (fifth) terminal to my furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you MyDad'sGirl77. Though I never thought of my problem as a plumbing problem, your response was most helpful, and it spawns new questions in my mind. My transformer leads of course are connected somehow to those four (R,G,W,Y) terminals on my furnace. My multimeter shows 24VAC between R...

Where to find an aux spill switch for york diamond 80 furnace [ 36 Answers ]

I have an error code that says the aux spill swich is open, But I think it is just going bad because it works sometimes and may be getting ready to go bad. Where to find an aux spill switch for york diamond 80 furnace?

Powering the G terminal on my furnace control board [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My furnace's control board recently blew and the repair guy replaced it with a different kind. Aparently the new board requires a wire from the thermostat to the G terminal to work the A/C fan, and the old one didn't. The repair guy would need to make another trip for this repair. I am...

View more questions Search