Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrisisruff Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 12:58 AM
    Need Ideas
    Hi,

I am 27 yrs old. I Currently work for Verizon. It's a good job with decent pay and benefits. The problem is that I am just making it. My goal is to save enough money for a down payment on a house. I need some ideas for a home based bussines or any other money making ideas were I can pull in 100-200 dollars a week more. Im pretty motivated I don't mind working I just needs some ideas to get started. I will work oline, home, phone, eBay I really don't care just need the extra cash any ideas please send me a mssg thanks in advance

Chris
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisruff
    Hi,

I am 27 yrs old. I Currently work for Verizon. Its a good job with decent pay and benifits. The problem is that I am just making it. My goal is to save enough money for a down payment on a house. I need some ideas for a home based bussines or any other money making ideas were i can pull in 100-200 dollars a week more. Im pretty motivated I dont mind working I just needs some ideas to get started. I will work oline, home, phone, ebay I really dont care just need the extra cash any ideas please send me a mssg thanks in advance

chris
    Chris,
    Years ago I did the same thing. I wanted to make more money and have. A couple of ways are available. Ebay is about the easiest and least expensive way. Selling items from household to cars on eBay is easy, even selling items for friends and the general public for a fee works. You can charge 15 to 20% of the selling price, plus the listing and shipping charges. The other business could be a shipping service. Mail package for people through UPS. This can be done by setting up an on call service with UPS for free. Charges for this range anyway from 5 to 10 dollars for the convience of the customer not doing it. If you like a little labor, you can do auto detailing from home. All you need for this is cleaning material and detailing items and a small vacuum. These should run you about 40.00 dollars. Charges for detailing range anywhere from 35.00 to 100.00 depnding on the amount of service, more for vans and or pickups. Our prices here at the car lot are 125.00 to start. If you need any help or information contact me and I'll be more than happy to help.
    John
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Well they stole my idea of the car detailing, it works fairly good, I set two of my sons up doing that at various times of their unemployment life, and it helped them pay the bills.

It is summer or soon to be a lawn service can get you going.
    And there are some legit home customer service jobs that people speak of on here from time to time.

Even a 2nd part time job at many places like malls and the such.

And of course look at your budget, most people if not almost all people just make it, because they get use to spending to the amount of money they make.
    jaynen76 Posts: 18, Reputation: 5

Mar 25, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Hey Chris,

I actually used to work for Verizon Wireless. I resigned December 2005. I still work on an independent contractor basis with them; much more lucrative that way. Essentially, I do a lot of the same thing that a sales person does, but I also have the ability to build my own team and leverage my efforts. The best part about it is that I don't have to get someone to buy something new, they already have the phone, all I have to do is either update their plan or upgrade them; it's pretty sweet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any ideas? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm deppressed I just want to die I've made to many mistakes to fix anything And I just want to die I hate lving now I've ed up too much I'm losing everyone thati love Any ideas on how anyone?

Need your ideas [ 7 Answers ]

I'm just wondering what your ideas are of what a normal, healthy relationship is? What are the "rules" when arguing or just dealing with each other? What is absolutely off-limits? Thank you so much for any input you might offer.:)

Any ideas? [ 21 Answers ]

OK guys, so I am just wondering on your opinions. OK, I had my period on the 11ths. Lasted 5-7 days. On sunday(the 28th) I had a small amount of bleeding. (just enough to get on my underwear. Thought I was started my period, and rushed home from church. Surprised me, because I had only had my...

Any ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a friend that just broke up with her boyfriend a three weeks ago and she is usually sad and doesn't want to do anything besides being in her house and by herself, she was with her boyfrined for a year and one month. The only thing is that her ex boyfriend send my friend a valentine's day...

Any ideas? [ 3 Answers ]

My parents have split up and my 8yr old brother seems to be rebelling towards my mum. He won't do as he told by her. The minute I ask him to he does it without argument. I guess my little bro is angry at my mum and maybe balmes her in some way?? He gets so upset and I have no idea what is...

View more questions Search