Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gale Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 09:17 PM
    discolored tooth
    There is a similar post to mine... I also hit my mouth on a curb, I was fine and then 5 days later noticed tooth darkening, no pain. I went for x-ray but they said no abcess and not to do anything; however the tooth was not sensitive to cold so the dentist thinks it must be nerve damaged. He said to not do anything for now, but I don't want a discolored tooth. Is it possible the trauma only caused discoloration and it could improve? Also I would like to know if the tooth is not abcessed, can it be bleached? They had mentioned something like only bleaching from inside with root canal. I hate to have root canal if the tooth not infected but I want to correct the discoloration. Thank you.
    drameet Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Mar 10, 2007, 11:13 PM
    The tooth has definitely become non vital if its discolored. External bleaching will not help. The ideal way is to get the root canal done & then get an intracanal bleaching done. Its only with time that a abscess might develop if u donot get it treated.
    Dr Ameet BDS. MDS
    gale Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2007, 09:00 AM
    If I get the intracanal bleaching done with root canal, will it restore it to its original color, and will I then require later a crown or veneer? Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whitening an individual discolored tooth [ 1 Answers ]

I have a tooth that is 2 or 3 shades darker than the rest of my teeth. I was told that maybe it's from trauma as a kid (maybe hit in a fight?) What can I do the whiten that tooth so it matches the rest of my teeth?

Discolored Tooth in 3 yr old [ 8 Answers ]

Possible Nerve Damage to 3 yr old's front tooth... Will dentist suggest to have the tooth extracted? Concerned Mother

Discolored tooth [ 6 Answers ]

I have a discolored tooth that my dentist says has been caused by nerve damage. Is it possible to reverse the discoloration? Also, I rinse my mouth with baking soda. Could that have caused the discoloration? Is there any danger in rinsing my mouth with baking soda?

View more questions Search