Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cesky Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 09:06 PM
    Small Plane Flight
    How long would it take to fly from Garberville, Ca to Chico, Ca in a small single engine cessna?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 09:19 PM
    What type of Cessna ? 152, 172 ? Various small engine have different flight speeds.

Will there be a head wind or a tail wind, or even a cross wind, is so, how many knot wind is there.

Is is the weight load of the plane ?
    Cesky Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2012, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    What type of Cessna ? 152, 172 ? various small engine have different flight speeds.

Will there be a head wind or a tail wind, or even a cross wind, is so, how many knot wind is there.

Is is the weight load of the plane ?
    I can't tell you what the load would be, because I don't know
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
    All of these things are used to calculate plane speed

They will fly at about 100 to 124 miles per hour at top speeds, it is common to fly at about 80 percent of that. So figure about 90 to 100 mph. If there is a lot of wind in the other direction, it can slow the plane down greatly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Time of Flight [ 2 Answers ]

Cancel...

Tranquilizers for Bringing Small Dog on Plane [ 8 Answers ]

I will be traveling at the end of this week with my 3 yr old Pomapoo and would like some feedback regarding the use of tranquilizers. It is about an hour flight, and he will be flying in a soft carrier in the cabin with me, under the seat in front of me. He is an anxious little dog and is very...

Taking a small dog on a plane! [ 2 Answers ]

In May I will be traveling 3.5 hrs and would like to bring my dog with me. He is about 15 lbs and is 1 yr old. Well mannered. Do I need to get him sleeping pills from the Vet?

View more questions Search