Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 01:28 PM
    Homeowners Insurance Florida
    Got my home insurance bill from Gulfstream and the annual payment is okay.
    Been with them for 5 years.

Also got a letter from my insurance agent Carol agent stating: As you know, I have transferred my book of business to Setnor Byer Insurance &Risk. As a result of the change, I am unable to continue your renewal with Gulstream Insurance company. Setnor Byer insurance is not licensed with them as they are a takeout company.

I could put you with the state run Citizen insurance Company, they require a 4 point inspection and they are more expensive.

Why can I continue with Gulfstream. Why do I need this insurance agent?
    Is this just a insurance agent problem. Looking for her commission.
    I was assigned to Gulstream insurance years ago from the state run last resort
    Citizen insurance Company. And the insurance agent Carol came with it.
    Should I make my yearly payment to Gulfstream
    And ignore this insurance agent and her situation.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2012, 02:39 PM
    You are under direct bill with the company. Make the payment directly to Gulfstream, ignore the agent. He/she cannot cancel you or arbitrarily transfer you. She appears to be closing her book by selling it to another agent who will want to handle your needs. Go to the Gulfstream website and look for another agent in your area.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 02:48 PM
    I did not read the last paragraph of the letter. She states in small letters
    "Should you decide to stay with gulfstream, Insurance the policy will stay with Matrix Insurance
    group. The top agent is still there Leo. Sorry I didn't read the whole letter. Thanks for the advice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue a homeowners insurance for a criminal act of someone living at the home? [ 3 Answers ]

I was at a party the other night when an 18 year old got out of the car walked over to me and my friend on the sidewalk and punched me in the face twice with out any provocation. The first time in the mouth causing 9 stitches through the lip and then a black eye. I've already filed a police report....

Can I sue a homeowners insurance for the criminal acts of the renters? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a teacher and I used to teach my neighbors (who rent). I subsequently failed them in Algebra. The last two years have been a living hell. They have terrorized me; vandalized me; and threatened me. They have called the police at least 80 times for egregious lies. They beat up me and my...

USAA refused me homeowners insurance [ 7 Answers ]

USAA refused me homeowners insurance because they found a five year old credit card debt of mine that they had written off (5 years ago). I have been (and currently am) a USAA member for 40 years and have had active auto insurnce with them all that time. The cc debt is apparently $6,000. ...

My Dogs & Homeowners Insurance [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I live in the Georgia Area, and my Insurance company just cancelled our insurance because we have Pit Bulls. We just purchased this house last month, and had no idea what to ask for from insurance. My dogs are very loving, and sweet... My children have been close to them for years... I...

Homeowners insurance & uninsured contractors Accidents [ 13 Answers ]

If a uninsured roofer is doing a job on a home and they do not clean up after job isdone leaving all lose shingles on roof, and a person walks past home gets hit with debris and gets severely injured and sues the homeowner and contractor who is liable?

View more questions Search