Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

Oct 10, 2012, 09:08 AM
    Name of a very old doll from the 60s
    I'm looking for the name of this doll I used to play with whenever I would visit my grandparents house. I think it was my Mom's. It had short blondish hair and blue eyes. The body was really soft and the arms, legs and head were rubbery. There was a string on the side of it and you would pull it to make the doll talk. It's NOT chatty cathy. I think this doll was supposed to be a baby.
    If anyone knows what this is, let me know!
    Thank you!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 09:20 AM
    Maybe one of these -- "After the success of Chatty Cathy, Mattel introduced Chatty Baby in 1962 and Tiny Chatty Baby, Tiny Chatty Brother and Charmin' Chatty in 1963." (Wikipedia)
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Oct 10, 2012, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ravengurl92 View Post
    I'm looking for the name of this doll I used to play with whenever I would visit my grandparents house. I think it was my Mom's. It had short blondish hair and blue eyes. The body was really soft and the arms, legs and head were rubbery. There was a string on the side of it and you would pull it to make the doll talk. It's NOT chatty cathy. I think this doll was supposed to be a baby.
    If anyone knows what this is, let me know!
    Thank you!!
    My little sister had a doll when she was young called baby see and say. It was rubbery but the body was stuffed. It had a string that you pulled to make it talk. It's eyes moved when it talked. This was about 1967 or somewhere around there. It did have blond hair but I don't remember that much it was a long time ago. I remember the name because I helped my mom pick it out, I was a teenager at that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Age of doll? [ 2 Answers ]

Anyone care to speculate on the age of the doll pictured here? Any other information?

I usedto have this doll that was a boy rockstar doll that danced. [ 0 Answers ]

I can't remember its name only what I called it. It was in the 80s and he had bright sequinced pants. I really want to find it. If anyone can help Thanks

Doll from the 70's [ 3 Answers ]

There were two dolls I remember having in the early 70's. They were quite tall... maybe a foot and a half, and looked a little like big barbie dolls. I think their names were Chrissy and Velvet. Chrissy, I believe had blonde hair, and Velvet had red hair I think. They came with combs and...

View more questions Search