Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ninabursesmith Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 09:47 PM
    Associates Degree
    I will be getting my associates degree in aug. 2013 and I have been researching jobs in the accounting field and all require a bachelors or master degree and a few years of experience. Where do I start in looking for a job in the field if those are the requirements I haven't obtained yet. I can't get expierience without the opportunity.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2012, 02:15 AM
    You might have to start by getting a lower level job, clerical accounting work just to get a few runs on the board, then look for an assistant's job, there will be places who will take someone with a lesser qualification perhaps an internship to gain experience
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 10, 2012, 02:18 AM
    Like anyone with no job history, you take any job you can find, usually bottom of the ladder. Then you keep trying for jobs in your field. Low level accounting jobs can be found in big corporations where you have plenty of supervisors. Or government. Many of those aren't advertised, but are posted on boards in the buildings.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2012, 02:56 AM
    Yes a clerk, or a typist or receiving or billing clerk, other entry level, lower paying jobs.
    Or of course you keep going to school and get the BA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Has anyone found a good school online for an Associates in Nursing? Or at least start Nursing prerequisites? Thanks

An Associates Degree in Psychology [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently in classes for a degree in psychology and will be graduating with an associates degree within the next year. I am interested in following up on my education and fascinated in the specific area of neuropsychology. I would like to get my foot in the door with some experience in the...

I just received my Associates in Business. [ 1 Answers ]

And starting my BS in Psychology, and afterwards getting my Master's in Occupational Therapy. I love school, I really do. I just don't know what I want to do in life. When I start working will employers admire the fact that I have a diversity of different degrees, or shun away because of my degree...

View more questions Search