Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 10:32 PM
    Windows 7 Security update for .Net Frmework fails
    Security update for the .NET Framework on Windows 7 x64 Home premium Edition (KB2604114) continually fails to install either through automatic updates or even with manual download and install.

Automatic download stops at 11% (dowloading) and does not proceed further and the manual install fails every time at 1/3 progress bar.

Tried running Microsoft Fix It (that fixed some other install issues). Even tried to install the update keeping antivirus off. Uninstalled and reinstalled .Net framework. Also used .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. Still same problem persits.

Tried almost every option from Microsoft official forum as well. Still same problem persists since 2-3 months, So please help.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Update for the .NET Framework 3.5.1 on Windows 7 64-bit fails [ 1 Answers ]

Windows 7 Security update for .NET Framework 3.5.1 64-bit (KB2604114) continuesly fails to install either through automatic updates or even through manual download and install. This automatic update download stops at 11% and never proceeds further and the manual install fails every time at 1/3...

Microsoft Windows Update fails continuously after download and install. [ 4 Answers ]

PC Windows XP on automatic updates. Icon on task bar at every startup 'Click to install update. Downloads and apparently installs update but seconds later task bar icon re-appears. Belarc Advisor shows ' 1 missing update ' after each attempt to update verifying that update has not taken place....

Block a Single Windows Update with Auto-Update Enabled [ 7 Answers ]

One of the Windows updates sent out on 10/13/09 caused a problem on my XP system (very, very slow operation of all functions). After a System Restore to a date prior to the update download, the problem was gone. After another Auto-Update, the problem returned. I know I can update...

Windows fails to reboot [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my power to computer and it will not reboot

Security Update for Windows XP, 12 April 2005 [ 5 Answers ]

Microsoft Corporation - Windows XP family Security Update for Windows XP (KB893086) Typical download size: 1.2 MB, 1 minute A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.