Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mb1567 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 06:23 PM
    How can I use one phone jack for internet and telephone simultaneously?
    I need top use one jack for internet and a landsline wired telephone, is this possible? Do I need some sort of splitter?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 07:19 PM
    If you have a single incoming land line you can't use it for internet at the same time you are making/receiving a call.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2012, 05:56 AM
    iofast » Telephone » DSL Filters » DSL Splitter (Line 3 & 4)
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Oct 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
    When I got my adsl router/modem from SBC (2Wire) it came with several filters that were to be used on each phone or fax machine in the house so you can use them without the internet and phone messing with each other. But later, when I had a tech from the phone company (AT&T) out at the house, I mentioned to him I had heard of a filter that can be installed outside to cover all inside devices. He just happened to have one in his truck and now I have a bunch of filters I don't need. It might cost a little (mine was free) but that's the way to go. You still need a splitter if you want the PC and a phone from the same jack.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Appzalien View Post
    When I got my adsl router/modem from SBC (2Wire) it came with several filters that were to be used on each phone or fax machine in the house so you can use them without the internet and phone messing with each other. But later, when I had a tech from the phone company (AT&T) out at the house, I mentioned to him I had heard of a filter that can be installed outside to cover all inside devices. He just happened to have one in his truck and now I have a bunch of filters I don't need. It might cost a little (mine was free) but that's the way to go. You still need a splitter if you want the PC and a phone from the same jack.
    I agree, I always use Whole House splitters, and use the last pair(Brown/white pair) for DSL.
    Looks a lot better without the Filters.
    I leave the orange and green pair for a second line and/or 31X Return?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a law that protects me from cell phone, telephone and internet harassment? [ 1 Answers ]

Over the past 8 months I have received derogatory and inflamatory statements on my cell via text messages from a woman who has been living with my ex-boyfriend until recently when he left her. I have had no direct contact with her yet she has emailed my sister through Facebook making comments about...

How do I split one telephone jack into two [ 3 Answers ]

I want to connect my phone and now an answering machine to the same jack. Is there such a thing as a line splitter

I want to convert a phone jack to be the main phone jack. How do I do that? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use the phone jack in my basement to connect my Vonage phone adapter in order to distribute the service to all phone jacks in my house. But I need to convert it to the "main" jack in order for the Vonage signal to be distributed. I was told I should be able to convert this jack to the...

Can a wall phone jack be replaced with a flush jack [ 3 Answers ]

The wall jack currently has some gray pieces already wired however the wires have disintegrated can I cut this off restrip the wire coming out of the wall and install a regular flush jack. If not how difficult would it be to rewire a wall phone jack?

Rewiring my phone jack so that I can have my phone on one and my internet [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting internet in my house and the phone co. said I had to rewirer the line in my bedroom so it would not mess with my other phone line how do I rewire it and do you have a pic I could go by

View more questions Search