Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caseytaylor69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 03:38 PM
    Trailer
    Hi I'm Casey. I live in a city trailer park in Indiana. I have a 16 by 80 mobile home. Recently I came home and the washer had drained and backed up into the toilet I have since snaked every line in the trailer from every drain. Even the ones under the trailer and the one to the street. The problem is much worse any thing now that runs kitchen sink toilet etc. Continually backs up into the other appliances. I have taken the pipe off the main drain to make sure it's not my city pipes and its not I've checked everything and I don't know what to do can you help?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 02:55 AM
    Unfortunately, you most-likely didn't manage to clean the sewer pipe properly. Clog is still there. Get to the end of the trailer's sewer line, remove Clean Out plug and insert 5/8" or larger snake. Snake should be long enough to reach across the entire trailer, usually not shorter than 50'.

Also, there should be another clean out provided by the Trailer Park. It is located where trailer sewer pipe connects to Trailer Park hook up. Remove cap and clean the sewer through that clean out, too.

If you suspect it is Trailer Park's problem than ask your neighbors if they are experiencing the same problem. If they also experience sewer back ups than chances are the main sewer servicing your Trailer Park needs to be snaked. In this case the responsibility for correcting this problem is with Trailer Park's owner..

Hope that helps. Back to you. Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 9, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Hi Casy and welcome to The Plumbing Page at AskMeHelpDesk.com
    You just got top notch advice from Milo but before you start to snake let's localize the clog, Open up a clean t on the outside sewer line, Flush a toilet, Does the water back up in the cleanout? If so the clog will be found downstream from the cleanout. If notr then the clog's internal and you can start snaking the vents. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trailer I saw recently [ 5 Answers ]

I recently saw a trailer for an up coming movie when I went to go see Harry Potter. I don't remember what movie it was for, and it is driving me nuts. It was one of those trailers that doesn't actually show any footage from the film. It was some obscure graphics that ended with the title of the...

Trailer burned [ 1 Answers ]

when I got divorced a few years ago I signed everything to my x with the exception of one mobile home on the property that I solely owned. I requested said trailer remain on property for it was under remodling construction. X had no problem with this and never requested said trailer be moved. Then...

Trailer burned [ 1 Answers ]

when I got divorced a few years ago I signed everything to my x with the exception of one mobile home on the property that I solely owned. I requested said trailer remain on property for it was under remodling construction. X had no problem with this and never requested said trailer be moved. Then...

View more questions Search