Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vannarea Posts: 42, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 02:29 PM
    How to feed my baby chicken
    My baby chickens hatched last night. My rooster kicked one out of the nest. I found it this morning how do I feed it. Like I can't get it to eat I even tried putting peaces of milk soaked bread in its mouth when it opened it. What can I do
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 9, 2012, 04:07 AM
    Chicks eat as soon as they are able to scrape around; would not be eating milk soaked bread for sure. Without being with its nest mates and learning from seeing, it doesn't have much chance of surviving. Put it back and see how it does. What do you mean, the rooster kicked it out of the nest? A rooster wouldn't be in a nest.
    Emily Rae Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2012, 04:12 AM
    Keep it separated and in a warm environment if it gets rejected again. Then get some chick seed from your local produce store, you can make it into a mash with water and see if the chick will scratch around and peck at it. If it doesn't and you notice the other chicks eating, try getting another one and putting it in with the rejected one. Seeing this one eat the food may help the little one learn.

Emily Rae

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to breast feed a baby that you did not birth [ 4 Answers ]

I'm adopting a baby in November and I would like to breast feed. Is this possible?

Should I feed my maltese people food? Beef & Chicken with peas or grn beans w/vitami [ 2 Answers ]

Should I feed my maltese people food, chicken & beef with peas or green beans with vitamins?

How much and how often what all we need to feed 14month old baby [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, my son is 14months old. I need a chat for feeding him milk, semi solid and solid food with the quantity. Thanks to all

Baby chicken [ 1 Answers ]

I have some chicken and duck egg that I hatched I now have at 14 chicken 10 are 6 week old 4 are 2week old One of the 2 week old baby biddie can't walk right his toes are bent over and he lean toward the right when he walk is there anything I can do for he Thank you My boo

Is it good to feed a cat exclusively boiled chicken without the bones. [ 2 Answers ]

I am afraid that I may have poisoned my old cat that I had to put to sleep with IAMS canned cat food. Later I found that it was tainted. Our other cat is a picky eater. Her favorite food is chicken, or dry dog food. With the pet food scare, I prefer to boil a chicken up for her. She LOVES...

View more questions Search