Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Limb High Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 11:41 AM
    When I'm stressed, my relationship is stressed too.
    I just got off a very arduous deployment with the USS abraham lincoln, and I'm coming off a 'stress high' and crashing miserably. When I first got home me and my girl of 6 years were ecstatic at first. We could talk on the phone for an entire day and be just fine. Then I went home on leave and my stress started to show in many ways, some good, but mostly bad. Now, weeks after my leave (about 2 months post-deployment) she is asking for time to herself. Absolutely no contact. I just feel so guilty, like this is my fault, and quite frankly it is. I always assume she should know what to do when I'm down, and when she comes up short I only get worse.
    My question is, where do I go from here, to mend the strained relationship? I feel like my stress is finally subsiding, and now hers is at a peak. Also what would be a better way of handling this in the future, this is a reoccuring trend.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 04:19 PM
    Are you doing any counseling? This would help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting really stressed over my relationship with my boyfriend because of his mum [ 2 Answers ]

1)Most of the things we argue about are because of his mum and I'm worried she's getting in the way of our relationship and recking it and making us argue more. His mum never liked me from day one because I'm older than him and she can't face that her 'little boy is growing up'. She makes up all...

Boyfriend is stressed and says he does not think he can handle a relationship [ 10 Answers ]

So we have been dating for 3 months. Everything was fine until the third month. Hes been a bit distant lately. Then one night I went over to his place and he started telling me he had chest pains. Like really badly and at one point he even fell to the floor. I was so scared for him! I asked his if...

He wants to go away with family while our relationship is stressed! [ 1 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancé for about two years now we are not young we each have three kids a piece his are grown and in college my oldest is in college while my two others are at home with us. We are planning to get married next year and this is one of the most secure healthy relationships I have...

In stressed, [ 2 Answers ]

He is best friend of my brother,and the one who I love him dearly. We don't talk to each other over a year , we live and work in defferent country, now I'm home for vacation, and he called my bro that he will come home for two weeks vacation , I ask my brother if he never ask any thing about me,...

I'm so Stressed [ 3 Answers ]

I just need somwun to talk to I been so stressed. Well lets see how to start, I've been with this girl for 5 years we had a baby together she's 7 months, we've been on and off I really love her, we gotten into a fight and she just went crazy, I woke up yesterday with the police at my house saying I...

View more questions Search