Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atique74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Living in NY and NJ
    Hello. My wife and I lived in ny and she works in NY but I work in NJ. We end up paying a lot for taxes because my work doesn't allow me to take out additional taxes from my paychesk. This year we are planning on filing seprately and my W2 has a NJ address that I spend considerable time at during the week. Our combined incomes are 105,000, split evenly between us. Would filing separately with me filing as a NJ resident working in NJ ad here filing a NY return living in NY and working in NY a good idea?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 11, 2007, 10:10 PM
    It is impossible to say. I would have to model multiple situations and compare results to determine which is the best course of action.

Such modeling takes time and effort, and I will NOT do it without being compensated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Living with Ex-Boyfriend [ 4 Answers ]

Ok my ex and I broke up (his doing) over 5 years ago, we have only just started talking a year ago which he initiated. Firstly, not sure why he rung after 5 years, maybe he was lonely. Anyway, after about 10mths of chatting he asked me to move in with him and a mate of his (cause their current...

Living Religions [ 1 Answers ]

How are newer religions different from older ones? How are they similar?:confused:

Living in MD working DE [ 1 Answers ]

In Nov. 2005 I permanently moved form California to Maryland and started a new job right away in DE, while being a resident of MD. My question is do I need to file state taxes for each of these three states separately. The last couple of years I have used Tax Act and Turbo Tax without any...

Paid here, not living here... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, my inquiry is the following. I arrived to the US under a H1B visa in March 05, and worked here (paid by a US company in an US account) the whole year. In a couple of weeks I will be coming back to Europe (indefinitely), but for at least a year the US company will keep paying my salary in my...

Living Organisms [ 1 Answers ]

! List and briefly discuss the properties consistent with living organisms. (these are the fundamental criteria which must be met to consider a substance to be "alive") :o

View more questions Search