Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cattswilliams Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
    We gave our roommate an eviction can we sue for garbage removal and carpet damages
    We gave our roommates a twenty day notice and when they left they left a lot of garbage in their room and the carpet smells like dog urine from their pet I can't get a new roommate till I sanitize the room can I sue for loss in rent and damages
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 10:02 AM
    Do you own the property, or are you renting it from a landlord?

In either case, I guess, you could sue the former room-mate in small claims court. Did you or your landlord get a deposit from the roommate?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2012, 12:12 PM
    This is what deposits are for. Does not the security deposit cover the cost of cleaning?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue my legal parent for damages? [ 87 Answers ]

I am sixteen and will soon be emancipated. When I become emancipated can I sue my sister/adoptive mother for damages to my school text books and my belongings being thrown around the room and damaged as well as borrowed money from before I was emancipated?

Sue for damages due to unlawful eviction [ 3 Answers ]

A few months back I got a job looking after an elderly lady. The lady is very active and healthy and travels quite a bit. She lived on a large piece of property with a furnished guest house. She didn't need care, she just didn't like to be on the property all by herself. The agreement was I would...

Can she sue me for damages? [ 9 Answers ]

I was involved in a small fender bender in March. I hit a parked car at work. I knew who it was, and informed them. On our break she came out and looked at her car,(hardly any damage) she said not to worry about it, it was just a small scratch. A month later she was fired and I never heard from her...

Notification of carpet damages 4 months after I moved out... [ 10 Answers ]

I moved out of my apartment March 28th of this year and received a letter for carpet damages August 17th. Is there a time frame the landlord/management has to follow to give me notice of damages? I was refused a walk through at the time of vacating.. they told me to just turn the keys in. Thanks...

Carpet removal and other damages [ 6 Answers ]

I lived in a room in a house for less than a year on a month to month agreement. I did not receive any deposit accounting back within 30 days. Almost 90 days after I moved out I sent her a letter requesting the deposit. She replied with another letter and sent half the deposit with a bunch of...

View more questions Search