Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kman34 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 08:55 PM
    Time of death
    I saw my dad Tuesday and Saturday morning I found him on the floor dead . He was lying on his left side with his head own his left biceps. Left arm and left side of face was blue with small spider web like vines. He bum left cheek was also blue right to his crack. Right cheek was normal right arm and belly was normal he was quite cold and somewhat stiff. There was no feces or vomit near him . However his dog was also in the house . He was 73. That Tuesday doctor told him was good for 20 more years . What do you think killed him and how long was he dead .
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 08:58 PM
    Only a doctor who examined the body could estimate the cause and time of death. Was an autopsy done?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 09:05 PM
    Cause of death can only be determined by an autopsy, time of death also.

There's really no way for us to determine, online, what killed him. Have you asked for an autopsy?

Sadly things happen. People aren't like cars, no one can look under the hood, examine the motor, and say "it's good for another 20 years". This happens all the time. My Uncle went for a physical, his doctor told him he was in tip top health, no issues, all good. The next day he had a massive heart attack, almost died. It happens. The body is a strange and miraculous thing, and anything can and does happen.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you find the answers you're searching for.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2012, 05:47 AM
    Only an exam can tell you time of death ( and it will be a estimate within a so many hour range) and what killed him, Depends on how detailed exam they do, if they do any at all.
    At his age, with no signs of foul play, depends on the laws of your area, if they even do a test.

And of course I am sorry for the loss, but even a test they normally give it a vague multi use illness.

100s of things never noticed by a doctor, from blockage of viens, heart just gave out, blook clot and so many more things.

I know in out area, often there will be no testing, since there is no real reason to do it, at that age with no reason to believe it was not a natural death
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 8, 2012, 06:06 AM
    You might be able to figure it out more from what you know about his dog - if the dog was starving or thirsty, if he went to the bathroom inside, etc. Also dishes in the sink, mail not collected, many little clues.

Stiffness (rigor mortis) can be starting or ending, so that's not much help. It can start in 3 hours and end in as much as 60 hours. Lividity (livor mortis), the pooling of blood in the parts of the body against whatever the body is on, can start in a few minutes, and stays, so that's not much help. The coroner tells a lot from temperature, but that needs a special thermometer.

Sure, his doctor could have missed something, or ordered tests or heart surgery or who knows what, and several miserable hospitalizations later, your dad might have died staring up at a fluorescent light with tubes going in and out of him and so drugged he couldn't say anything. Perhaps this wasn't so bad - from his point of view. I'm sorry you weren't there... ask the coroner when the estimated time of death was. I'll bet it was in the last 2 days, and from the way he was lying, he felt no agony.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tell the time of death? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to set up a FAKE csi miami crime set for my mom to solve, but we don't know how to tell the time of death, please help. Thank you, :confused: person.

How can you tell time of death? [ 1 Answers ]

How can you tell the time of death?

Time of death [ 2 Answers ]

What the formula used for estimating the time of death in a violent attact?

Time of death: [ 4 Answers ]

Time of death: How long after a person’s death does it take for a human body to begin to decompose (begin to corrupt)? What are the steps—the signs in this natural process after a person has died?

Time Of Death ? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter's body was in full rigor mortis and lividity had started. This was on the report when they picked up Robin's body. Her body was found in the house where she lived temperature about 72 degrees. It was 13:44 when all of this was noted.

View more questions Search