Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mizzbabaegurl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 11:24 PM
    What do I do when my boyfriend tells me he wants space?
    What do I do when my boyfriend tells me he wants space, alone time? I haven't seen him for a week now and he doesn't text me or call me. I asked him if we are still together and he said you would know if we weren't. Its now Sunday and I haven't seen him since last Sunday and haven't heard from him since Thursday. I don't know how much more I can handle its so werid not hearing from him and I try not text him or call him but its so hard. Ive texted him since Thursday and no reply and rung him like twice and he hasn't picked up his phone. A week ago he told me he was unhappy and he doesn't know why and he is also unhappy with himself hence for the space.. What to do and how long till he is going to tell me what's going on.. If he didn't want to be with me then he would have told me by now!
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Oct 7, 2012, 08:09 AM
    You give him space and stop texting him, don't call him and don't sit around waiting for him.
    Go out, have fun. Don't let him keep you on watch. How long have you two been dating?
    LifesUnwritten Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2012, 10:24 AM
    Go about your life, don't think about him no matter how tough it is. Also, no one is worth waiting for.
    racheljohnson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 27, 2012, 09:40 AM
    Yeah... I agree to both ! Have you ever heard that old saying "play hard to get"? Dress up hella sexy and have fun (stay faithful lol) but dress up and have lots of fun with all your friends. Get live at parties so that of course people tlk about who was the livest at the party. This will definetely convince him that you don't sit around waiting on him and that you have no problem giving him his space. Outcomes of this will be that he will want to see you again and often but you better be busy... you have to let him know that you have things you want to do. And it will make him see how it feels to be ignored:) hope it helps because I have a boyfriend and I do this when ever he wants space... so when I do want to see him we miss each other very much and we both will enjoy eachothers company! Plus I'm a fun girlfriendLOL
    Gamed Posts: 269, Reputation: 29

Oct 28, 2012, 06:28 PM
    Did you even pay attention to what you wrote
    ''what do I do when my boyfriend tells me he wants space? ''
    That's like saying ''What do I do when my clothes are dirty? ''
    He wants time alone give it to him don't keep texting and texting just back off for a while. If it gets to the point were its been weeks than just forget about him.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
    Well, it's up to him to determine how to spend his time and who to spend it with, so you have to honor his request. You need to leave him alone, and do your own thing.

I would treat this as a break up. If it hurts you for him to treat you this way, you have to determine whether you want to get back with someone who would cause you such doubt and hurt about how he feels about you. For me, it would be a deal breaker even if he wanted to get back together - I'd be done, permanently.

Hang out with friends, family, do the things you enjoy - don't sit at home crying and second guessing what he's doing, or boring all your friends endlessly interpreting his actions - assume he broke up with you and go out and enjoy yourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend wants space but tells me she is still in love with me. [ 61 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm currently going through a rough stretch. My girlfriend of a year and a half told me two days ago that she still loves me but needs space. The past month was really good for us, no fighting, and just enjoying our time together. Five days before she asked for space she said she...

Together 9 months, she tells me "I need space."... Now what? [ 7 Answers ]

I'll try to keep this somewhat short... We met online in February, and it was great. We immediately hit it off. However, she recently told me "I need space." because she felt I was smothering her, she felt like she was married, and wasn't ready for a commitment. We both want to meet each other,...

She wants space.But tells me not to give up on her. [ 115 Answers ]

Wow... Where to begin. Ill try to make this brief but how do you sum up 7 years of living together and 7 months of being separated. The Breakup.. She needs space. She is unhappy with herself. She just finished college and was starting the masters but it was too stressfull. So she drops...

We broke up because he wanted space, but he tells me he still wants to give us a try [ 3 Answers ]

I've dated the guy for about a year and a half.. recently we've argued a lot, and I felt like I've lost myself because I became needy and I kept pushing him, and in the end he was tired. I know that what I did was wrong, and its hard because it took me this long to realize so much. And now I feel...

View more questions Search