Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonyromojr226 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 09:07 PM
    Can hawley retainer move teeth
    I had my braces taken off in early 2012. I have a hawley retainer. Somehow, my upper teeth have shifted a little bit. If you look at me, the tooth on the right of the right front tooth has gone behind the right front teeth. My mouth feels fine with the retainer in my mouth. Overtime, will the teeth shift back to normal? I realize I somehow messed up and any input is welcome.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 09:17 PM
    Your wire may have bent. Aren't you seeing your orthodontist for follow-up visits? If not, make an appointment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Braces Retainer. Wire behind teeth or clear plastic? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my braces taken off today from the top and bottom teeth. I have to go back in a weeks time to get a clear plastic retainer on both bottom and top teeth as prescribe from my dentist. My friend told me that it is better to ask the dentist to put a thin wire behind my four main teeth which...

Hawley-missuse. Can it move my teeth back to the time I took off the braces? [ 4 Answers ]

I could use some advise before I really start to feel desperate! I had my braces removed back in 2004, and was prescribed to use a hawley retainer. By the time of removal I had also one big gap (2mm) on the left-mid side and a smaller one on the right-mid side, which my ortho' suggegsted that...

Why will the gap in my teeth not move? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had a gap in my teeth for over two years now, I get my braces of in 1 week! My orthodontist said it is not a big problem, but I'm worried that my teeth will not look straight when I get them off!! Any help or words of advise?

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

View more questions Search