Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmclark Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Is there a BTA to travel from Ireland to USA
    I have a friend in ireland and we are planning for her to visit me in the us, she told me her layer told her she would need BTA money to travel. It seems from my research that this is a common scam, I have not sent any $ as yet nor has she directly requested it yet, but has made me aware she will need it. Is there such a travel requirement from ireland to the usa? Thanks for your help... g
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 6, 2012, 05:55 PM
    I assume you mean lawyer, and my first question is why she has a lawyer ?

But of course there is not BTA for a travel to visit. This is a scam. This is not a friend, and they will have many stories, if you challenge this, they will say it turns out it is not needed but they will need money for other things, They will normally talk up to two or three months before they start getting pushy for money, They want to hook you on either love or greed first. ** either they love you scam or they have gold or money to sneak out of country

You need to stop reading and talking to this person, or they will find a way often to convince you it is real. They even set up Skype phone numbers in your country at times to pretend to be embassy or government office, to verify things with.
    Hippiefeet Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Aug 25, 2013, 08:12 AM
    Ive never heard of it but Its probably a scam, sorry to bear bad news... check this other persons Q&A
    Does the UK require a BTA for a British citizen to travel to the US? - Yahoo! Answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

BTA requirements for the UK to the USA [ 4 Answers ]

A friend with a passport and visa want to visit me in GA but she she saids she has to have a $1000 basic travel allowance BTA be they will let her board the AC

Is there a bta fee for a passenger traveling from the uk to usa? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a bta fee for a passenger traveling from the uk to usa?

Is there a tax treaty between Ireland and USA? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Irish citizen and have recently moved to the USA to work as a postdoctoral Researcher. I have a J1 visa. Is there a tax treaty in place between USA and Ireland and what taxes must I pay? Thank you!

F1 OPT Tax Treaty Ireland USA [ 6 Answers ]

Hi Tax Expert, I was a student on F1 visa for one year up to August 2008. Since October 1, I am working in a US firm on F1 OPT visa sponsored by the US university I attended. My question is: Am I exempt from Medicare, Social Security, Federal and State taxes? I am a citizen of Ireland. I know...

Moving to USA from Northern Ireland [ 3 Answers ]

My friends and I are currently in school living in Northern Ireland and when were 18 we are wanting to go to university there. Our questions are.. Do we need a Green Card to do so? If so, how do we get one because they seem hard to get or you have to do some stupid lottery thing? Is it hard...

View more questions Search