Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2012, 07:56 AM
    You painted the broad brush, true libs are "open to ALL viewpoints" (not so much according to the research) and "extremely good dancers." Maybe it's just the vagina costumes.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2012, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Since you're painting with a broad brush, I suppose I could say ALL conservatives are science deniers like the two congressmen serving on the congressional science committee.
    That would explain why conservatives cannot make any changes to the educational system, it's because their distrust of science and anything that's under Liberal Arts means that very few of them attend higher education. I guess when you believe that all you need to know comes from the bible and your priest then that's the results you get. Of course it doesn't stop from whining about persecution in the school system.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2012, 08:08 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Try as you might to equate US with the underhanded and misguided techniques your side employs, just ain't going to work.. We're better people than conservatives are, and that's just so.

excon

PS> (edited) As an example, on the other site I work on, in response to a question about the twin towers, one respondent said, "kill all muslims".

Liberals don't say sh1t like that. Now, I'm sure you're going to fire up your Google and find one who does, but it won't change what is.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That would explain why conservatives cannot make any changes to the educational system, it;s because their distrust of science and anything that's under Liberal Arts means that very few of them attend higher education. I guess when you believe that all you need to know comes from the bible and your priest then that's the results you get. Of course it doesn;t stop from whining about persecution in the school system.
    Talk about painting with a broad brush and moving the goalpost. Prove it. Any of it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2012, 08:50 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Try as you might to equate US with the underhanded and misguided techniques your side employs, just ain't going to work.. We're better people than conservatives are, and that's just so.
    Yeah, referencing actual research showing libs intentionally discriminate against conservatives is certainly underhanded.

PS> (edited) As an example, on the other site I work on, in response to a question about the twin towers, one respondent said, "kill all muslims".

Liberals don't say sh1t like that. Now, I'm sure you're going to fire up your Google and find one who does, but it won't change what is.
    And so if both sides have a few wackos (or just people who like to instigate on the internet), what's your point? Kind of hard to admit I'll find a few wackos on your side while saying libs are better people because of one idiot's remark.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2012, 08:37 AM

Stacey Dash found out how tolerant libs are when she tweeted her support Romney...

Clueless” star Stacey Dash recently tweeted her support for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, accompanied by a patriotic swimsuit picture of herself.

But now her political viewpoint has become the subject of online attacks, with many expressing crude distaste that she isn’t endorsing President Obama – and race has become a key motivator behind the digital abuse.

“You’re an unemployed black woman endorsing Mitt Romney. You’re voting against yourself thrice. You poor beautiful idiot,” one Twitter user wrote, while @Black Voice wrote, “Stacey Dash had a perm since birth. I knew I couldn’t trust her.. lol.”

Others accused the actress of “voting for white supremacy,” claiming she “is white with a dark tan,” and calling Dash a slew of offensive names.

Several other Obama supporters even went as far as to encourage “the old hag” to “kill herself.” One suicide encourager is listed as a doctor and politically active Democrat in Washington D.C., and although he reportedly has deleted the inflammatory “kill yourself” tweet, it was captured by social media news site, Twitchy.com.
    Yep, all viewpoints welcome... especially if you're black.
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2012, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Yep, all viewpoints welcome...especially if you're black.
    Hello again, Steve:

I think I said something about you rummaging around till you found a lib who you could throw in my face... You did good.

excon
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2012, 09:31 AM
    No need to rummage, just current events.
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    That would explain why conservatives cannot make any changes to the educational system, it's because their distrust of science and anything that's under Liberal Arts means that very few of them attend higher education. I guess when you believe that all you need to know comes from the bible and your priest then that's the results you get. Of course it doesn't stop from whining about persecution in the school system.
    It's because teacher's unions and school boards are afraid to compete with the private sector and don't want any dollars funneled from their failing schools toward something that works.

Gov. Bobby Jindal's voucher program that uses tax dollars to send students to private schools was ruled unconstitutional Friday by a state judge who said it's improperly funded through the public school financing formula.

Judge Tim Kelley sided with arguments presented by teacher unions and school boards seeking to shut down the voucher program and other changes that would funnel more money away from traditional public schools.

More than 4,900 students are enrolled in 117 private schools with taxpayer dollars, in one of the largest voucher programs in the nation.

The judge said the method the Jindal administration, state education leaders and lawmakers used to pay for the voucher program violates state constitutional provisions governing the annual education funding formula, called the Minimum Foundation Program or MFP.

"The MFP was set up for students attending public elementary and secondary schools and was never meant to be diverted to private educational providers," Kelley wrote in a 39-page ruling.
    These kids are escaping schools graded as a C or worse, from families with a household income less than 250% of the federal poverty line, but we can't have that can we? Better that students fail together than actually go to school and get an education.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 09:33 PM
    Schools shouldn't compete like a business. And that's exactly what the for profit charter schools (some of them any way, and their effectiveness is still unclear) have become using students as a means to make money.

Kids are not a commodity.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Dec 3, 2012, 09:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Schools shouldn't compete like a business. And thats exactly what the for profit charter schools (some of them any way, and their effectiveness is still unclear) have become using students as a means to make money.

I totally agree with you...
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2012, 10:19 PM
    It's interesting to hear excon state that a true liberal listens to all points of view. Interesting given that on another thread I shared my conservative leaning (but still quite moderate) view on your political question about the great political divide of the country, and you derisively dismissed my comments as, I believe you called it, conservative "claptrap".

As a moderate conservative, I actively seek out all points of view and seriously try to consider their merit with an open and willing intention to change my mind if I should. Among the many liberals I know, none can even listen to an alternative point of view without wanting to change the subject or getting angry or calling names in response.

I left the democratic party because I found it so narrow and closed-minded.
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Dec 4, 2012, 12:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    It's because teacher's unions and school boards are afraid to compete with the private sector and don't want any dollars funneled from their failing schools toward something that works.

These kids are escaping schools graded as a C or worse, from families with a household income less than 250% of the federal poverty line, but we can't have that can we? Better that students fail together than actually go to school and get an education.
    Your Federal government doesn't fund 'private' schools??

Tut
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2012, 01:25 AM
    The world is vast place Tut and our ideas have yet to take on, like democracy it takes time
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Dec 4, 2012, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    the world is vast place Tut and our ideas have yet to take on, like democracy it takes time

Yes, I guess you are right. It is obvious that no one is interested in any Aussie ideas.

Tut
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2012, 02:18 AM
    Trouble is, Tut, we have given so much, the world just has to catch up, Trade Unions, Women's Suffrage, Secret Ballots, Compulsory Voting, Compulsory Education, the stump jump plow, wifi, to name a few, it's just too much for some
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ian_inventions
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2012, 05:01 AM
    In our system there is no place for federal funding of school systems ,private or public. That the Federal Government has interposed itself into that doesn't make it constitutional .
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2012, 07:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Schools shouldn't compete like a business. And thats exactly what the for profit charter schools (some of them any way, and their effectiveness is still unclear) have become using students as a means to make money.

These schools are not "for profit" entities so that's a straw man. They are only in existence to educate and they do it well. You're just afraid public schools CAN'T compete with private schools to continue their liberal indoctrination.

If anyone is treating kids as commodities it's the public schools, fighting for every tax dollar they can get to continue the status quo with entrenched union teachers that you can't fire no matter how bad they are. We saw on it display in the Wisconsin when teachers were more concerned with grabbing fraudulent doctor's notes so they could protest while calling the governor Hitler than teaching the kids. But they did it for the kids, right? Bwa ha ha!
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    Your Federal government doesn't fund 'private' schools???

Tut
    As always strings come attached to federal dollars. Why would they want to be constrained by the feds?
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2012, 07:36 AM
    Hello again, Don't:

and you derisively dismissed my comments as, I believe you called it, conservative "claptrap".
    I appreciated your post. But, after all the flowery talk about being a "moderate" it WAS the same right wing claptrap I hear from the OTHER conservatives here, who DON'T flower up their posts...

I meant NO disrespect. I'm sure you're a wonderful fellow, and I'll NEVER insult YOU. But, your views are fair game. I INVITE your participation... The other wingers here need all the help they can get.

Excon

PS> (edited) By the way, I've been arguing politics with these guys for YEARS, and I AM quite fond of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use a computer as a public address system [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if it is possible to use a computer by plugging a mike and seekers into it, and then use it as a public address system. Example: using a slide show and have your voice come through the speakers. Or when playing music to sing along through the speakers. If there is a program or a way...

Education system in USA [ 1 Answers ]

What is the new education rules in USA? I am a nepalese student and want to apply for undergraduate in biotechnology. So I want to know about the detail information about the full education system of America.

Budget for Pk-12 public education [ 0 Answers ]

What is the total budget expenden on pk-12 public schooling in the US

Foods to help maintain a healthy and balanced nervous system [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. I suffer from anxiety and find it hard to eat because I do not have an appetite. This problem alone causes so many issues on its own but it does not help the anxiety either. I eat A lot of fruit, and yougart. Its challenging for my stomach to stand anything else, it is so weak. ...

View more questions Search