Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Muffin09 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2012, 07:29 PM
    Wisdom teeth and bad breath
    Hi! I'm 18 and I just started my first job. :) Which is awesome but my breath smell like something dead in it!! I think it cause of my wisdom teeths. Both of my bottom wisdom teeth has a HORRIBLE odor to it, while my top two have a mild odor and my tongue is perfectly fine and pink. My gum is pulling away from my left-bottom tooth and it been like that for I want to say a year or two. Sometime it get swollen and when ever I brush around it, it bleed sometime and cause some pain but not much.
    I've been using salt-water but that really dosen't help much snice I'm talking all day for my job and my mouth get dry which make that smell even more horrible.
    I do plan on going to the dentist at the end of the month, but is there anything I can do to stop it from smeling in the mean time.
    Salt-water and hydrogen peroxide help but not much.
    Any advice will be helpful and thank you! :)
    leeleechanda Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Oct 5, 2012, 07:53 PM
    Hi Muffin09.
    I'm not a dentist, but bad breath is usually caused by your tonsils. But if you think that it is your wisdom teeth, maybe you should think about getting them removed. And the swollen and bleeding gums sounds like gingervitus (I think that's how it's spelt... )
    In the mean time, before you go to the dentist, breath mints should help. But I strongly recommend that you go to the dentist as soon as you can.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 5, 2012, 08:06 PM
    You have gingivitis and perhaps by now periodontitis (pyorrhea), the more advanced stage of the disease. You may also have abscesses below the teeth that don't show, full of infection. This can all lead to serious illness as well as loss of all your teeth.
    You really need an oral surgeon to remove wisdom teeth, despite the extra cost, because of all the training they have. It isn't as simple as a pair of pliers. Find one who will take a monthly payment plan.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2012, 08:11 PM
    No, there is little you can do, and need to see the dentist soon, There may be extensive work to be done to correct a problem that has been left uncared for.

Not only bad breath but other illness and sickness can be caused by this

Oct 5, 2012, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by leeleechanda View Post
    Hi Muffin09.
    I'm not a dentist, but bad breath is usually caused by your tonsils. But if you think that it is your wisdom teeth, maybe you should think about getting them removed. And the swollen and bleeding gums sounds like gingervitus (I think that's how it's spelt...)
    In the mean time, before you go to the dentist, breath mints should help. But I strongly reccomend that you go to the dentist as soon as you can.
    Hmm I actually thought about it, but I don't have tonsils stones and my doctor never said anything about my tonsils the last time I seen him about a sore throat a few months ago (Still have it btw). I don't know much about gingivitis so I'll have to research it and ask my dentist when I see him this month.

Also thank for the advice it really helpful! :)

Oct 5, 2012, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You have gingivitis and perhaps by now periodontitis (pyorrhea), the more advanced stage of the disease. You may also have abscesses below the teeth that don't show, full of infection. This can all lead to serious illness as well as loss of all your teeth.
    You really need an oral surgeon to remove wisdom teeth, despite the extra cost, because of all the training they have. It isn't as simple as a pair of pliers. Find one who will take a monthly payment plan.
    I don't know much about gingivitis and periodontitis so I'll have to do research on them and for the cost I'm not to really worry about. I just want to got my mouth fix before it get worst then what it is now. Also do you think a sore throat could be cause from a gum infection? My throat been sore a few month that hasn't really stop even after I seen my doctor.
    Also thank you for the advice it really helpful! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad taste in mouth after having wisdom teeth removed [ 1 Answers ]

Its been 5 days since I had my bottom wisdom teeth removed and I can't get rid of the horrible taste that's coming from the left side of my mouth. Im also producing a lot of saliva and its hard to sleep. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the taste? My dentist said its not infected and warm...

Why am I having pain in my regular teeth after I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago. I wanted to know when I would be able to lay flat in bed? I have been propping up my head with pillows for the past 4 nights and wanted to know when is a good time to start sleeping normally. Also, I am having a lot of pain in my lower left side of...

Getting four wisdom teeth out at once [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend is taking his four wisdom teeth out at once and he will be under general anesthesia. He had some problems with his lower wisdom teeth and apparently he has to remove them, but I really don't understand why ne needs to take the other two out as well, since they are not coming out the...

Bad Breath - Think its from Wisdom tooth? HELP! [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, Ive got this issue with bad breath I've had for some years now! I was wonering if you could help me with it. I brush twice a day, including flossing, brushing my tongue, and using mouthwash. This process takes about 5 minutes. Shortly afterwards I get this bad breath I can smell. No matter...

My 10 year old as bad breath and bleeding when brushing teeth [ 9 Answers ]

Also her gums look darker than normal... she is tierd all the time and feels sick what could this be please help thanks

View more questions Search