Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    makami4 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Effect of Financing on Earnings per Share-I need help please!
    Effect of Financing on Earnings per Share

Kelton Co. which produces and sells skiing equipment, is financed as follows:

Income tax is estimated at 40% of income.

Determine the earnings per share on common stock, assuming that the income before bond interest and income tax is (a) $10,000,000, (b) $12,000,000, and (c) $14,000,000.

Enter answers in dollars and cents, rounding to the nearest whole cent.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2012, 03:57 PM
    1 this is an incomplete question
    2 we don't provide model answers to assignment questions
    3 tell us what your question is, we like to see your attempts at answering the question

Oct 5, 2012, 07:37 PM
    I'm apologized for the incomplete question. The reason why I ask for help is because I don't have any accounting acknowledgement and this something completely new for me.. I don't expect you give me the answers but I will really appreciate if you can help me the steps to get the right answer since in the textbook is very complicated for me to understand what they say.thanks!
    Effect of Financing on Earnings per Share

Kelton Co. which produces and sells skiing equipment, is financed as follows:

Income tax is estimated at 40% of income.

Determine the earnings per share on common stock, assuming that the income before bond interest and income tax is (a) $10,000,000, (b) $12,000,000, and (c) $14,000,000.

Enter answers in dollars and cents, rounding to the nearest whole cent.

a. Earnings per share on common stock $

b. Earnings per share on common stock $

c. Earnings per share on common stock $
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2012, 08:14 PM
    In order to get the earnings per share you need to know the number of shares issued
    It was for this reason I said the question is incomplete, that number isn't included
    Accounting is as much about comprehension as it is about numbers
    Repeating the text doesn't make anything any clearer

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/...#axzz28U9kr6pg

Reading the text of your question suggests other data is also not included including what ever was in the text box that didn't copy over

Oct 6, 2012, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    In order to get the earnings per share you need to know the number of shares issued
    It was for this reason I said the question is incomplete, that number isn't included
    Accounting is as much about comprehension as it is about numbers
    repeating the text doesn't make anything any clearer

Earnings Per Share (EPS) Definition | Investopedia

reading the text of your question suggests other data is also not included including what ever was in the text box that didn't copy over
    Sorry to not add the numbers:
    Bond payable, 8% (issued at face amount) $20,000,000
    Preferred $2 stock, $10 par $20,000,000
    Common stock, $25 par $20,000,000
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2012, 03:04 PM
    So more information but no attempt at the answer what is it you want to know

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Price/share and earnings/share [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new accounting student and I am trying to find out the Price/Earning Ratio. Can you please tell me what numbers in the Balance Sheet, Income Sheet, Statement Cash Flow that I would add to come up with both the Price/Share and the Earnings/Share. I know how many outstanding shares there are...

Earnings per share and retained earnings [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused on how to calculate the earnings per share and the common dividend per share as well as figure out what the increased retained earnings for the year. The problem states that the company had an operating profit of $210,000. Interest expense for the year was $30,000; preferred...

Determination of earnings and earnings per share [ 1 Answers ]

Censored Books, Inc. sold 1,400 finance textbooks for $160 each High Tuition University in 2007. These books cost $125 to produce. Censored Books spent $8,000(selling expense) to convince the university to but its books. Depreciation expense for the year was $12,000. In addition, Censored Books...

Basic earnings per share and diluted earnings per share [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: what is the different between Basic earnings per share and Diluted earnings per share :confused:

View more questions Search