Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adambursteindo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Ipad3 touchpad keyboard
    I accidentally push something on screen to make the keyboard move up to the middle of the screen. It turns out this gets right in the way of most windows that I need to type in. Can anyone tell me how to put the keyboard back at the bottom of the screen? Thanks!
    Nylanth Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2012, 06:35 AM
    It sounds like you might have the split keyboard turned on. Press and hold the keyboard icon in the lower right corner of the keyboard. When the menu pops up, select "Dock". That will move the keyboard back to the bottom of the screen.

You can turn this off with: Settings -> General -> Keyboard ->Split Keyboard -> Off

If this (or other odd behavior) happens by accident again, you may have inadvertently used a four-finger swipe shortcut. I believe swiping with four fingers in the down direction should also move the keyboard back to the bottom, while swiping up moves it to the middle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard and touchpad not working on laptop [ 9 Answers ]

Last evening my cat walked across my hp laptop keyboard and now I cannot use the keyboard or touchpad. I am currently using the onscreen keyboard and external mose. Anyhelp would be appreciated in fixing this. I am using Windows Vista.

Keyboard and Touchpad is Not Working [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need help. 1. My laptop's keyboard and touchpad were often (almost 9 of 10 times) not working when I get into Windows. 2. However, it works when I use an external USB keyboard or mouse. 3. Then when I reboot the computer and try to get in the BIOS by pressing the F2 button, it's...

Keyboard & touchpad freeze [ 1 Answers ]

When I hit control, alt, delete my keyboard and my touch pad mouse on my laptop stops working. I can't log into my PC. Dell inspiron notebook running xp. However, I can use my touch pad on the boot screen where the system prompts you hit contol, alt, delete. If I hit f2 while booting, I can use...

Touchpad won't work when using the keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

Says it all in the question, when using my keyboard the touchpad won't work, mainly when using the arrow keys, is there anything I can do to solve this? I'm on a new laptop, it's the aspire 5551 if that helps at all

Keyboard AND Touchpad not working on Windows XP [ 2 Answers ]

Keyboard AND Touchpad not working on Windows XP Hi, I've got a friend's Packard Bell EasyNote Model MV35-V-007 laptop and I just want to copy her files before doing a clean XP install. The problem is NEITHER KEYBOARD NOR TOUCHPAD WORKS, so I cannot do anything with the computer! I've tried...

View more questions Search