Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Oct 5, 2012, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

In the days BEFORE Hannity, the Limp one, and angry right wing talk radio, people like this existed only on the fringe. Now, 47% of the country have fallen prey.

We'll NEVER get them to take responsibility for their country.

excon

Hi Ex,

If this is true then it points to two possibilities. Either people are getting their information from a single source or the same information is being disseminated by multiple sources. I tend to think the latter. You would also have to wonder why the lack of quality.

Tut
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT317 View Post
    You would also have to wonder why the lack of quality.
    Hello TUT:

Because quality people would NEVER fall for racist, red neck, right wing clap trap.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 07:58 AM
    It must be that left-wing liberal indoctrination education... oh wait...
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2012, 07:58 AM
    Hi Ex,

If this is true then it points to two possibilities. Either people are getting their information from a single source or the same information is being disseminated by multiple sources. I tend to think the latter. You would also have to wonder why the lack of quality.

Tut
    That one lady is not a representative example of the majority of conservatives. NK's proposition that the conservatives here are just like her is false as is ex's "47 percent" remark. It's just a game the left loves to play, portray the right as (fill in the blank) racist, loony, extremist, bitter clinger, woman hating, and on and on and on.

We saw it with the Tea Party, we saw it the "dominionist" conspiracy theory last year, the mythical "war on women", Bush's coming theocracy, etc. And these come right from mainstream liberals and media figures. Occasionally they even admit it's all just a tactic...

Liberal super PAC: Calling Republicans racist more effective than criticizing policy

Come on Tut, if we can't even say the word "golf" without being accused of sending out dog whistles you really can't take this thread seriously can you?

Oct 5, 2012, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello TUT:

Because quality people would NEVER fall for racist, red neck, right wing clap trap.

excon

I think the lady in the video feels as though she is under siege from the left. In reality she is probably fighting two battles. The first battle is the ideological battle. The second battle is what we could term actual social, political and economic issue of the day. The nuts and bolts issues you could say.

The trap is to think that by tackling the ideological issues the nuts and bolts issues will automatically be taken care of. To my knowledge this has never been successful in any country, and at any time in history.

Tut

Oct 5, 2012, 08:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    That one lady is not a representative example of the majority of conservatives. NK's proposition that the conservatives here are just like her is false as is ex's "47 percent" remark. It's just a game the left loves to play, portray the right as (fill in the blank) racist, loony, extremist, bitter clinger, woman hating, and on and on and on.

We saw it with the Tea Party, we saw it the "dominionist" conspiracy theory last year, the mythical "war on women", Bush's coming theocracy, etc. And these come right from mainstream liberals and media figures. Occasionally they even admit it's all just a tactic...

Liberal super PAC: Calling Republicans racist more effective than criticizing policy

Come on Tut, if we can't even say the word "golf" without being accused of sending out dog whistles you really can't take this thread seriously can you?

Yes, I agree with that... See my comment above.

excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 08:05 AM
    That one lady is not a representative example of the majority of conservatives.
    I think the lady in the video feels as though she is under siege from the left.
    Hello Tut:

I agree. So does Steve.. It's really just a matter of the numbers, then.. Steve thinks 47% is too high. He's right. I made it up. The REAL number is around 40%.

excon
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 08:10 AM
    NK's proposition that the conservatives here are just like her is false
    Maybe if I had said that but I didn't. As stated several times in this thread I stated that we've heard every one of her talking points on this website from several different people (which is true), she just pulls it all together in one person and one video.

Oct 5, 2012, 08:42 AM
    Yes, policy doesn't move voters. I assume in this case it means motivating people to go out and vote.

Portraying policy as an ideological battle is more likely to motivate people to get out and vote. It then becomes a contest as to who can create the biggest siege mentality and thus have the greater success at motivating their constituency.

Tut
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 08:46 AM
    Yes, policy doesn't move voters. I assume in this case it means motivating people to go out and vote.

Portraying policy as an ideological battle is more likely to motivate people to get out and vote. It then becomes a contest as to who can create the biggest siege mentality and thus have the greater success at motivating their constituency.
    Well put, that seem to be exactly what is happening. Not sure how it can be curtailed and returned to policy/facts.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2012, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Maybe if I had said that but I didn't. As stated several times in this thread I stated that we've heard every one of her talking points on this website from several different people (which is true), she just pulls it all together in one person and one video.
    The title of your thread is "All AMHD right-wingers talking points in one video." The claim I asked you to examine closer that you couldn't seem to discern was this:

See, the difference between your video and the one I posted is that the right-wingers here at AMHD actually say the stuff she says, whereas none of the liberals here advocate anything that shown in your video. That was the point of my post.
    Yes, you did say that.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 08:47 AM
    Yes, you did say that.
    Yes, and I meant it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2012, 08:53 AM

Tut
    And so Romney's constituency is represented by this woman? Back to square one.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 09:00 AM
    And so Romney's constituency is represented by this woman? Back to square one.
    I think he was looking at the bigger picture, not just a single person, nor a single party.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2012, 09:10 AM
    I think he was looking at the bigger picture, not just a single person, nor a single party.
    What exactly is the point of this thread?
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 09:18 AM
    What exactly is the point of this thread?
    You seem confused today. You can start from the top again. :-)
    What is the point of any thread in the Current Events forum?
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2012, 09:44 AM
    You seem confused today. You can start from the top again. :-)
    Confused? I'm not the one that couldn't remember what I said.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 09:54 AM
    This site is doing funny things. LOL

Anyway, what was the answer to "Perhaps you should look a little closer?" - I don't think you ever answered that.
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2012, 10:14 AM
    This site is doing funny things. LOL

Anyway, what was the answer to "Perhaps you should look a little closer?" - I don't think you ever answered that.
    I haven't noticed any problems with the site.

The whole point of that response was for you to re-examine what you had just said in light of reality.
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2012, 10:25 AM
    The whole point of that response was for you to re-examine what you had just said in light of reality.
    All right I'll bite: show me where I'm advocated putting a cap on corporate profits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does pump not turn on with power to points and points closed? [ 1 Answers ]

Well pump has power to points,points closed why won't pump come on?

Wingers SHOVING tax cuts down our throats. [ 28 Answers ]

Hello: I LOVE talking like a winger; "... the American people oppose the GOP tax plan by a WHOPPING 74%, yet they want to SHOVE IT DOWN OUR THROATS anyway... " Do the wingers think they're the only ones who can say the shove it words?? How come they CARE what Americans want only SOME of the...

Ever wonder where all those right-wingers get their erroneous talking points from? [ 46 Answers ]

Right here: Liberty Counsel Look at the wording and compare it to what you've read here. Here's the kicker: the talking points assembled by the Liberty Counsel, a far-right religious group that's part of Jerry Falwell's Liberty University empire. Here's the real ifo to counter the...

Wrong Wingers [ 38 Answers ]

Hello: You right wingers are soooo wrong. You live in a fantasy world. You don't know how the real world works. We'd be better off if you came down to earth. Here's just a sampling of your wrongness: The border: If we just cracked down on the border, we'll stop illegal aliens. The...

Right wingers Ticked off about Bush nominee [ 2 Answers ]

I've been enjoying all of the fighting on this Conservative site: http://www.townhall.com/blogs/c-log/J%20Garthwaite/story/2005/10/03/159236.html Seems like the conservatives are a bit pissed by Bush's choice... should a liberal be happy about it? Mirza :confused:

View more questions Search