Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennings3 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Generator flooding
    There is a spring-loaded post at the opposite end of the cone shaped end of the needle. This seemed to stick but when exercised it moved freely but when I retried it the thing flooded again.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2012, 12:27 PM
    I'd get a rebuild kit. I'll bet on the needle or the seat. A hole in the float would also cause this. The seat should be inspected. Grease any O-rings with an O-ring grease when you re-assemble.

Idle mixture limiting caps were placed on engines including car engines to keep people from playing with the mixture, Using the mixture is set on a rebuild only.

The only real way of removing the limiter caps is carb removal and using a drill press. A punch, a drill and a drill stop might work. The idea is to drill the cap so you can insert something to pull it out. The cap is basically a closed off tube with nothing to grab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Generator wiring: new generator gfci breaker tripping [ 2 Answers ]

Generator wiring: I have a new honda generator. I ran 3 wires from the garage to the transfer switch in the house. When I start up and throw in the breaker on the generator, its GFCI trips immediately. It is a long run (125ft) run to the house and I used heavy wires. But I only ran 3 (blk,...

Connecting Generator to Generator Transformer. [ 0 Answers ]

For connecting 7 MW generator to generator transformer, which is better cable or NSPB ?

I require for a Power Plus 5000 Generator 1 generator under following specifications: [ 1 Answers ]

I require for a Power Plus 5000 Generator 1 generator under following specifications: 5000 Watts, 120V, 1 Phase, 60 Hz at 3600 RPM, 3720 RPM at no-load. Thank you, Publio

Basement flooding [ 1 Answers ]

Water seeps into my basement during and after heavy rains. And actually the water in the basement sort of seeps out of the basement after 12 to 24 hours of the end of the rain. Is this due to a rising water table, or to water build up in the dirt filled area around the foundation walls? Will...

Basement Flooding [ 3 Answers ]

We have a home which was built 6 years ago and we have a basement with a sump pump and backup sump pump. 9 months ago we had flooding due to the main sump going out. The backup could not keep up with the water flow. We had our original plumber come in (and builder) and he replaced the sump. ...

View more questions Search