Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmkwanazi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2012, 09:19 AM
    how long will it take for the message to reach your friend?
    The fastest fish, the sailfish, can swim 1.2 x 100 km/h. Suppose you have a friend who lives on an island 16 km away from the shore. If you send a message using a sailfish as a messenger, how long will it take for the message to reach your friend?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2012, 10:22 AM
    The way the speed was given is a bit weird... but that doesn't change the fact that:

Speed = Distance / Time

Rearranging gives you:

Time = Distance / Speed

This should be easy enough to work out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water takes long time to reach ALL faucets [ 2 Answers ]

We just bought a 2200 sqft single level home in Florida with PVC pipes laid under the floor. We knew when we bought the house that the lower element was burnt out on the hot water heater and that it was most likely filled with sediment due to water pressure issues when more than 1 faucet was turned...

Furnace does not stay on long enough to reach set thermostat temperature [ 0 Answers ]

Furnace is a Rheem Classic Series Super Quiet 80. Installed in 2003. Furnace kicks in and fires up, blower seems to work fine, but the furnace kicks off before it reaches the temperature set by LUX PSP511 thermostat. Any idea why furnace turns on, stays on for maybe 5 - 10 minutes and shuts off...

If our sun was to collapse on itself how long would it take to reach earth. [ 11 Answers ]

If our sun was to explode as all stars do eventually, how long would it take for our planet to know? With light traveling at a constant speed I was told that light takes seven minutes to reach earth. Light travels at 299,792,458 m/s. (Hope I'm correct on that). So what amount of time would it take...

My beckett furnace runs,but won't stay on long enough to reach desired temp [ 0 Answers ]

My beckett 55,000 btuh model afg runs but shuts down before desired heated temp.the computer panel was changed for 160.00.that did not fix the problem.it struggles to get warm in house

Hot water takes a long time to reach faucets [ 3 Answers ]

On some bad advice I had a new hot water heater installed and have the same problem. 2100sq.ft.house with 2 1/2 baths. Three people in the house. It takes 2 to 3 minutes To get hot water at a faucet or any other outlet. Now I'm told that I need a thermal expansion tank between the main water line...

View more questions Search