Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jd2288856 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 11:52 PM
    if an atv is worth 500 and is worth 50 less each year what would the x and y intercep
    a new atx is worth 500 os depricating in value by 50 a year
    jd2288856 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 11:54 PM
    I just don't know what to write to explain what is meant in terms of the atv's value of the x and y intercept?
    jsblume Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Oct 3, 2012, 10:03 PM
    You need to decide what x and y are first. X is the independent variable, y is the dependent variable. The value declines with time; therefore value is dependent on time. The x axis is time in years, the y axis is the value at a given number of years.

The x intercept occurs when y is zero, so hold old would the ATV be when it's value has dropped to zero? In other words, how many times can the ATV value be depreciated by 50?

The y intercept occurs when x is zero, so what is the value of the ATV when it is 0 years old? In other words, what is the value when it's new?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

$500 confederate bill, wondering if it's real and it's worth? [ 0 Answers ]

This was passed down to my husband. Was trying to email Flying Blue Eagle directly but couldn't figure out how to, as he seems to have a lot of knowledge in this. The date is Feb. 17, 1864. Not sure what other info. Would be needed. Thanks

I was caught stealing 500 dollars worth of merchandise [ 4 Answers ]

I paid it all back already I still have to go to court and this is my first offense what should I expect?

I have 3 confederate notes, 1864 $20 $500 & $100 How much are these worth? [ 1 Answers ]

The $20 serial number is 87319. $500 serial number is 24551. $100 serial # is 46245. These are in excellent condition, no creases at all. Thanks in advance for the help!

My friend got caught changing price at dillards $500 worth of clothing. [ 10 Answers ]

My friend got caught changing prices on some very expensive dress, it was about $500 worth of clothing. She was changing them in the dressing room. This is her 3rd time caught changing prices... but at different stores. Other 2 were at walmart, this time it was dillards. What should she...

View more questions Search