Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cwhconnection Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2012, 05:32 AM
    Should I or shouldn't I fix my Corgi
    I have a one yr Corgi. He is a Wonderful loving dog. I did not fix him becAuse he was a gif from a friend who wants a pup from him... All was fine until I now see he's unhappy... pacing,crying, trying to get out to the road,howling whiLe in his KennEl which he use to love. We tried breeding with his breeder but he wasn't interested. She tried the vet but he couldn't get him to do it. My question. Should I feel so guilty about this? Keeping me up at night. Should I fix him and forget my promise to a friend? Should I explain to her how sad he is? I lost here
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 2, 2012, 05:41 AM
    There's probably a dog in heat nearby (or not so nearby; he can smell her far away).
    When did you try breeding at his breeder? Maybe he wasn't old enough yet.
    I don't understand 'She tried the vet but he couldn't get him to do it.'
    You should have course tell your friend everything, and discuss what to do next. Maybe your dog could stay with him or her for a week.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2012, 10:11 AM
    Absolutely desex him, it is completely unreasonable of your "friend" to expect you to let your dog have a litter of puppies just for HER benefit!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 1-yr-old Corgi won't eat - HELP PLEASE! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have a 1-yr-old Pembroke Corgi (male) named Wally that won't eat. He's always been finicky but lately he just won't eat his food at all. When we first tried Beneful, he LOVED it and every time I'd throw him a kibble, he'd run and play with it until he finally went to his bowl and ate. Then he...

Corgi Will Not Eat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi who is now over a year old that WILL NOT EAT. She is ugly skinny and has already had a growth defect from the lack of food. She weighs only about 10 pounds. I have tried everything from every type of food you can get for dogs to non seasoned to seasoned people food....

What should I do with my fraidy cat Corgi? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old male Corgi who bolts every time a small dog gets near him. My problem is I recently rescued a puppy lab and my corgi is afraid of him. He just runs whenever the puppy tries to get near him. My corgi has gotten close to the lab puppy to sniff her and they have touched noses but...

Can I fix hazardous steps if a contractor is refusing to fix, and threatens to sue? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Texas. I hired a landscape contractor to install retaining walls and a patio which included 4 steps in stone. These steps range in size from 6.5" to 9.5" and the tallest is on the top! They are very dangerous. He refuses to do any fixes, and walked off project. At one point in the...

New Corgi Puppy-vomiting [ 5 Answers ]

I have a new Corgi puppy about 10 months old. I brought her home on Tuesday and she was excited and played well and ate well. I am feeding her dry puppy food. Yesterday I noticed that she was not eating her food but was eating grass. Now today she is vomiting up whole chunks food. Should I...

View more questions Search