Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rasini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2012, 06:17 AM
    Canadian statute of criminal record limitations
    Convicted 40 years ago, petty theft and fined 100 dollars, London, Ontario. Is there still a record of this? Will this record prevent the issue of a passport, and if not what is the method of applying? {Indicate on the application that there might be a record or check off no criminal record} I have searched and cannot find any record, can you recommend where I might find this record if there is one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 1, 2012, 07:01 AM
    SOL, is the time from when you do a crime till they can charge you with the crime.

There is no SOL on this, and SOL does not apply.

Now many records from 40 and over years were never put into the computer systems and the records are collecting dust somewhere.

It should have nothing to do with getting a passport, but if the record is found, may effect where you can or can not get a visa for.

But you just apply for passport like anyone else does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Canadian statute of limitations [ 3 Answers ]

Does canada have a statue of limitations on dwi,s received in the us so I can go fishing in canada again?

Canadian statute of limitations? [ 1 Answers ]

I had a call yesterday for some court fines dated back to 1991 20 years ago and that they won't there money is there a statue of limitation for that I live in ontario thanks

Canadian statute of limitations? [ 0 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations in the Province of Ontario for possession with intent to traffic drugs?

Canadian statute of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have recently started writing a book about my life, and in it I document certain illegal acts I have participated in (but have never been caught) for a number of years. Although I have a new life Now I'm wondering if the wrong person reads this book is it posable for them to charge me with...

Canadian Statute of Limitations? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not going to make excuses, when I was 19 I was arrested for shoplifting in Toronto, Canada. They gave me a court date and I never showed up. All this happened in 2002. I don't live in Canada anymore, though I am a Canadian citizen, and don't plan on going there in the near future but I would...

View more questions Search