Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ironsod38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 05:54 PM
    Help determine if my GGT serum test results are positive or negative
    This is for an alcohol blood test, I am in a rehab program.On my ggt test I got a 41 (10-71) U/L is this result a positive or negative one?
    ironsod38 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2012, 05:58 PM
    Is my ggt serum test positive or negative
    I am in a alcohol rehab program.On my Blood GGT test I got a 41 (10-71) U/L on my results. Is this positive or negative?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2012, 08:00 PM
    Neither. GGT is not a unique biomarker of ethanol. Many factors influence GGT level. It is a component of liver function testing which would be consistent with alcohol rehabilitation diagnositcs. The reading is not positive or negative rather is interpreted within range and you are within normal range.

See How to Read Your Liver Blood Test Results
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2012, 08:09 PM
    See https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ve-705820.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multiple positive ovulation test results [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am suffering from PCOS and I have been on my first cycle of Fermara.My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and I've had 5 positive ovulation test results over the last five days . What could this possibly mean? Thanks

Pregnancy test positive, negative then positive again [ 3 Answers ]

Hi yesterday I was 13 days past ovulation so I took a test and got a very faint positive. I went and bought teo predictor tests and both were positive. I took a clear blue this morning and it was negative. Feeling very deflated I thought I'd take an Asda test and it was positive. Very confused,...

positive home pregnancy x4 and negative serum results [ 0 Answers ]

My daughter took 4 home pregnancy tests, 2 each from 2 different stores, and they were all positive. About 4am she started cramping and passed a large blood clot. We took her to the ER about 10am and they did a serum pregnancy test and it was negative. They said she was never pregnant but she was...

Positive and negative HPTs. Negative qualitative blood test. Can I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I am 21 years old and over the last 6 days I have taken countless numbers of pregnancy tests. I have had nausea and vomiting. Frequent urination and appetite. I have gotten 1 positive digital test, 1 positive blue dye + - test. 2 positive pink dye + - tests. As well as one positive cassette...

6 positive results 1 negative? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I found out I'm pregnant on Monday I'm so happy I think I'm about 6 weeks and I've done 6 hme tests using different ones and I went doctors and they said it was negative so I went back day after and demand a blood test but I'm very tired 14 days late sore nipples and bit of cramps but I've had 2...

View more questions Search