Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klimt Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Sep 29, 2012, 06:21 AM
    EtG experience
    I just read a post that a thin female passed an EtG under 48 hours after consuming 8.5 drinks. I failed the test at 47 hours with the same consumption. I am awaiting results from a current test. 500 cutoff. Probation EtG test. 9 standard drinks. 7 of those consumed 66 hours prior to test. 2 at 58 hours. I'll post results when I get them.

This test, while erratic, does seem to be able to pick up on consumption at least in the 2 day range. I'm shocked at some of the posts that have said people have passed in less than 48 at certain rates of consumption and wonder if those are actually EtG tests. Seems odd.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 07:33 AM
    Actually, seems odd that you're not supposed to drink as a condition of probation but you do anyway.

It kind of annoys me that people get caught for doing something, go on probation, and look for ways to cheat it. Seems to be missing the whole point, no?

Sep 29, 2012, 08:57 AM
    Dr. Bill, please respond. As for the other Yahoo who replied, if I/we annoy you, perhaps you annoy you. I often find when I am annoyed with someone/something it is because of my own character defect. Hmmmm.

Sep 29, 2012, 09:02 AM
    Dr. Bill
    I submitted something earlier. Was hoping to get your ideas about why one person can test negative with large consumption at 47 hours, and others not. I know there is wide variation in how much EtG we produce, but still.

I tested positive at 47 hours after drinking 8.5 standard drinks. I tested negative at 70 hours with same consumption. I wonder about the time frame between 48-72 hours. Are there any good studies that can help decipher what happens in that time frame. And if not, why? Why wouldn't these companies who utilize the test want to know more specifics? And why do the toxicology labs continue to say that 80 hours is the standard. In my experience, it is not. Again, I've testing clean at 70 hours after "heavy" consumption. I'm a very small person. Doesn't make sense.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 01:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Klimt View Post
    Dr. Bill, please respond. As for the other yahoo who replied, if I/we annoy you, perhaps you annoy you. I often find when I am annoyed with someone/something it is because of my own character defect. Hmmmm.
    Yes, you are definitely correct! I am annoyed at myself because of my character defect... the defect that makes me A) Not feel the need to try to get around the rules of probation and B) Not be on probation to begin with. You really got me on that one! Good call, missy!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 01:10 PM
    Dr. Bill, please respond. As for the other yahoo who replied, if I/we annoy you, perhaps you annoy you. I often find when I am annoyed with someone/something it is because of my own character defect. Hmmmm.
    You hit the nail on the head. This is your character defect. You obviously have a drug issue, you're on probation for it, you're not following probation, which means you're continuing to break the law.

Instead of doing what you're supposed to be doing, you're trying to screw the system.

No one on this site is going to help you continue to break the law.

So yes, you definitely have a character defect. When will you do something about it, and stop trying to hide it?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2012, 01:13 PM

You cannot dictate who will and who will not answer you - if you want that "one on one" interaction pay someone for advice.

AMHD in general and me in particular do not like name calling. It says more about you than it does about my colleague, Odinn. It isn't terribly smart to bite the very hand that you are asking to feed you. You are very much out of line.

You're shocked at your test results. I'm shocked that you're on probation and continue to drink.

You find you become angry with people because of a character flaw you have and recognize? How about the whole probation, failed test flaw? Does that mean you are angry and upset with other people who choose to drive drunk?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2012, 01:20 PM
    You annoy us... I bet you annoy your family and everyone around you. No wonder you don't have a life or friends and have to drink to your own misery.

Perhaps its time you take a long look in a mirror.

The difference between us and you... we don't need alcohol to make up for not having an actual life.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2012, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    You annoy us......I bet you annoy your family and everyone around you. No wonder you don't have a life or friends and have to drink to your own misery.

Perhaps its time you take a long look in a mirror.

My legal advice is to sue the people who did the testing. I think it's all one big conspiracy.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 03:15 PM
    I submitted something earlier. Was hoping to get your ideas about why one person can test negative with large consumption at 47 hours, and others not. I know there is wide variation in how much etg we produce, but still.

I tested positive at 47 hours after drinking 8.5 standard drinks. I tested negative at 70 hours with same consumption. I wonder about the time frame between 48-72 hours. Are there any good studies that can help decipher what happens in that time frame. And if not, why? Why wouldn't these companies who utilize the test want to know more specifics? And why do the toxicology labs continue to say that 80 hours is the standard. In my experience, it is not. Again, I've testing clean at 70 hours after "heavy" consumption. I'm a very small person. Doesn't make sense.
    Here's a thought... DON'T DRINK! Then you wouldn't have to ask silly questions.
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2012, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    Here's a thought....DON'T DRINK! Then you wouldn't have to ask silly questions.

I guess you didn't read closely - "It doesn't make sense."

That covers both the test AND knowingly violating probation.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2012, 10:34 PM
    I just read a post that a thin female passed an Etg under 48 hours after consuming 8.5 drinks. I failed the test at 47 hours with the same consumption. I am awaiting results from a current test. 500 cutoff. Probation etg test. 9 standard drinks. 7 of those consumed 66 hours prior to test. 2 at 58 hours. I'll post results when I get them.

This test, while erratic, does seem to be able to pick up on consumption at least in the 2 day range. I'm shocked at some of the posts that have said people have passed in less than 48 at certain rates of consumption and wonder if those are actually etg tests. Seems odd.
    You are attempting to time the elimination process of an unknown quantity. Can't be done!

There is no discernible relationship (correlation) between amount of alcohol consumed and EtG synthesized between individuals or any given individual at any specific time.

Constant in the research is "wide inter- and intra-individual variation."

Is the test valid to any particular time (ie 48 hours)? No it is not. The test has no validity* at any time interval.

The 120 or 80 hour claim? Fiction. Entirely related to amount of consumption.

Hope that answers your question and may direct you behavior.

*as scientifically defined the term defines the degree to which a test can accomplish the purpose for which it is intended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

DrBill100 - EtG really so overhyped? Now baffled: lab says 3 drinks=20-24hrs. EtG? [ 7 Answers ]

Dr.Bill, I have been researching both the validity and dangers of false positives and negatives of this test as it is used for criminal, employment, and child custody reasons. In addition to the variant cut-offs, incidental exposures, etc. I am flabbergasted by the amount of conflicting info out...

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Did anyone ever experience this [ 1 Answers ]

I have two kids and I have being on the pill for the last four years and my period have always being like clock work. However I didn't get my period since the middle of August and did pregnancy test and it was negative. I have some discharge and it is white. I didn't take the pill again as my...

Will I pass urine ETG test? Who has had experience? [ 7 Answers ]

I drank 3 beers on a Wednesday stopping around 2400-0100. Took a surprise urine ETG at 1300 on Saturday. I am 5'7" and 125lbs. Will I pass? It seems to be no one posts if they did pass or not so I will be sure to post the result.

Experience? Does my previous work count as actual bookkeeping experience? [ 10 Answers ]

I have done work that required , I kept all records for a friends pharmacy delivery company mileage, orders,submitting this info for payment from company's and reconciling company's statements with her stubs to make sure she was paid correctly for all work she did. Also did similar work for a...

View more questions Search