Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shiny Shoes Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 28, 2012, 03:19 PM
    Personal Travel Allowance
    I have a chat friend from Nigeria with a British passport, who needs to travel to Dubai, however she is insisting in a law in Nigeria that states she has to carry on person 1000 USD before catching her flight as this is a guarantee that she will not be dependent on Dubai government for any issues. Is it true that she must have this money in person before traveling to Dubai?
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2012, 03:46 PM
    This is clearly a scam. I'm assuming your chat friend asked you to procure that $1,000?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
    SCAM pure and simple.
    A British passport holder is NOT curtailed by a dubious Nigerian (SCAM) Law
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
    LMAO! No! It's not true. She's lying to you for money. She'll continue to lie in order to get more and more money from you, until you finally realize that it's a scam. She's doing the same thing to hundreds of other guys. Fact is, she's probably 50, fat, and not at all attractive. She may even be a he. This is her job, scamming people. You're just a possible victim.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 28, 2012, 04:42 PM
    It is not true, there is no such law, This is one of the largest and most well known scams,

It is used in various forms, normally in dating
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 07:45 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ad-677503.html

Substitute Nigeria, for Ghana.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal travel allowance [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have this question about a lady travelling from London to Cyprus. She told me that she was not allowed to go on board the plane and hence missed her flight because her travelling allowance was by far too low. She is a holder of USA passport. In fact she had 350 pounds with her and they...

Pta,or personal travel allowance.. [ 1 Answers ]

Is it necessarry for a person leaving Nigeria to go home to canada to have this so called PTA money?and are they required to have a VISA that supposedly expired while in the Nigerian area?

Personal travel allowance [ 2 Answers ]

I'm chatting online with a girl.. she is a student from USA and continued study for magister economy in Uk.. She planing traveling to indonesia via Singapore. She need a pta about 800 p or equal with usd $ 1.200 to shown to UK immigration at UK airport... tell me it's true? She proved me with...

Personal travel allowance [ 9 Answers ]

Can you tell me if an american citizen has to pay p t a I am in contact with a lady in england claims to live in California but refuses to tell me an address in the states but said she is coming back but needs 750 pound as she has two children 3 and six that is why the airline insists I think I am...

Personal travel allowance [ 18 Answers ]

There a person that I'm talking to on line who wants to come to America soon. Says that he needs to have a certain amount of money on him when he travel here. Is this true? He has a passport and had an appointment for a visit to the Embassy. Now he has to go to the US Embassy , and he need...

View more questions Search