Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dharlene Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 02:24 AM
    Proper way of washing genital area
    I'm just wonderrin if Its OK to wash your genital area inside, using our one finger associated with water and using feminine wash outside to prevent any bacteria or insfection?
    But make sure we have to wash our hands and our nails needs to cut off.
    I was just thinking if we can able to use this way as if your using any Douche cleansing product.
    Please, let me know if its OK to do this.
    Thank you again
    sugargirl2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2007, 02:39 AM
    I wash myself down there everyday on the outside. I use lots of soap on the outside because pee makes it smell
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2007, 03:08 AM
    The best advice. Water, water, and more water. No Douche cleansing products.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 10, 2007, 08:32 AM
    Joe's advice is correct. Water, water and more water. If you use soap, you risk drying yourself out, that is not good. Another reason not to use soap is that we have what is called "normal flora" there. Normal flora is our body's own bacteria, a defense of sorts to other bacteria. If you wash away the normal flora you risk a great chance of infections such as UTI and/or yeast infections.

Also, douching is never to be done unless under a doctor's prescription.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine makes grinding noise when washing [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag Performa washing machine - about 5 years old. It makes a grinding noise when washing. Spin cycle is still quiet. Any suggestions about what to check?

Genital bumps [ 6 Answers ]

About once every month or two I get these bumps on the outside of my vagina. They are a little smaller than a dime. They don't hurt unless I squeeze them and I get 1 or 2 at a time. I was tested for STDs and everything came back fine? Should I get a second opinion? What could this be?

Could it be genital herpes? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so about 4 months ago I had protected sexual intercourse one time with a girl who later tested positive for hsv 2. I did not notice any herpes symptoms until about a month ago which is uncharicteristic because I have read they usually appear within 2 to 20 days after exposure. Anyhow,...

Genital bumps [ 3 Answers ]

I have a history of yeast infections, as does my mother. They usually itch intensely and last several days. A few days ago I started to itch but this time I have several small bumps on the inside of my labia. The hood of my clitoris is also swollen on the side where I itch the most. I do shave down...

Proper etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends is getting married and I am in the wedding party. Things are getting quite pricey between dress, shoes, bridal shower, bachlorette party, not to mention the cost of the hotel room for the weekend. The reception is at a very nice place and unfortunately that nice place...

View more questions Search