Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zarashah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2012, 09:51 AM
    Please Help me with these questions
    1. Assume that the spreading north pole for the North American Plate corresponds exactly with the geographic north pole of the Earth and determine horizontal spreading rates at 5 different locations on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge if the angular speed () of the North American Plate is 1.010-8 radians per year. How do your calculations compare with GPS-determined rates for the North American Plate, and what are the implications of your findings?

2 .Assume that Alfred Wegener was right, and North American and Europe were joined 200 million years ago and that the current distance between the continents is approximately 5585 km. Based on this information, what has been the average horizontal spreading rate at the Mid-Atlantic Ridge over the last 200 million years? How does this rate compare with other rate measurements?

3. Use equation 4-2-1 to show how the depths of the ocean bottom at 20, 40 and 60 million years of age would change as a result of changes in the thermal diffusivity of the crust. What are the implications of your results?

4. Given that the surface area of the oceans is approximately 361,000,000 km2, use the histogram of ocean area vs. depth (Figure 4-15) to estimate the total volume of the oceans. How does your result compare with the known ocean volume of 1,338,000,000 km3?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 29, 2012, 09:55 AM
    How are we to help when we can't see your answers?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Rewrite these questions into indirect questions. [ 2 Answers ]

1-What other changes have there been in the last 100 years? 2-Do you think the quality of life in general is better now than it used to be? 3-Can computers ever replace teachers? 4-Do you agree that there are too many cars? 5-In what ways has life changed for you in the last few years? 6-What...

Me and my boyfriend play 20 questions and I need questions [ 3 Answers ]

We play 20 questions a lot and I ran out of questions help

View more questions Search