Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Georgia01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
    Central heat and air unit indoor blower not working in ac mode but works in heat mode
    Coleman model eb15b blower inside house works in heat mode but not in ac mode. When you turn it on ac everything runs outside and you can hear it making sounds in house but just freezes up. Turn it on heat it everything works fine and warm air comes from vents. Tested the thermostat with red and green wire and nothing. When you turn unit off you can still here the transformer humming. Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 10:32 PM
    The A/C fan relay is probably defective. Look for the fan relay on the wiring diagram on the inner door panel usually on the blower end of the unit.
    Georgia01 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2012, 07:02 AM
    Ok Thanks. I will try that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower on Central air works but not on Furnace or Heat mode [ 0 Answers ]

The Central air works great. Blower comes on normal. Heat mode I hear furnace click and sounds like it lights but no blower. There's a light flashing on furnace blinks 3 times then steady then repeats.

Concord 80 plus air handler blower motor does not run in cool mode or heat mode. [ 0 Answers ]

Shut off furnace switch to service coil. Coil is clean, replaced covers and turned on furnace switch and now the blower /indoor fan will not run. No power from control board at terminal marked"cool" placed it on terminal marked continuous and will run. Could this be a bad solid state relay K2,...

Blower motor won't shut off in heat mode but works fine in A/C mode [ 0 Answers ]

I have an older lennox unit that is pilot light. The blower motor won't shut off when the temp is reached on the thermostat but it works fine in ac mode. What could cause this? I'm confused because it worked 2 weeks ago when I turned my ac off and the thermostat is in auto and only shuts off when I...

The air conditioner works fine. When put in to the heat mode the out door unit trips [ 2 Answers ]

The air conditioner works fine. When put in to the heat mode the out door unit trips outs on high head pressure but the indoor fan still blows. Why?

Carrier A/C Blower will not come on in A/C mode but works when in heat mode [ 3 Answers ]

I need some guidance. I have a Carrier A/C unit that has been working fine. Last night the fan stopped working for some reason in the A/C mode. But when I put the heat on, it works fine. The compressor and condenser work fine but the A/C fan just will not kick on. I thought it might be the...

View more questions Search