Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pityocamptes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 03:57 PM
    ask an engineer a question
    I have a small pump system for a project that requires a small manifold. The total volume of the manifold and the tubing is 2.9828 cu inches. Here is my pump specs:

Inflation time < 8s (from 0-200 mmHg in a 100cc tank)
    Air flow > 70mL/min
    Max pressure > 360mmHg
    Leakage max 36mmHg/15sec from 300mmHg at 70cc tank
    Pump time - 7sec on / 7sec off

From the pump is a 3/16" x 12" tube (volume = .3311 cubic inches) which attaches to a small cylindrical manifold (1"x3" - volume = 2.3571 cubic inches) that has two air rails (each air rail (1/4" x 3" -volume = .2946 cubic inches). Total volume should be 2.9828 cubic inches.

I was hoping to see if someone could figure out how big of an orifice I would need on each rail for maximum pressure, within the 7 seconds on, 7 seconds off (basically optimal orifice pressure and size where manifold drops stays at a constant positive pressure at the end of the 7 second off phase wherein the 7 seconds on phase starts to pump and build pressure. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a mechanical engineer a question [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 wheels and on each I have an 18 tooth sprocket run with a 40 chain. Each wheel and sprocket is connected to a main drive shaft with an 18 tooth double sprocket on it. The sprockets on each wheel are linked to the main drive shaft by a single strand ANSI 40 roller chain. One wheel is...

Ask an engineer a question [ 1 Answers ]

Someone I know has a Maico that's been standing for ages, he wants to start racing it again. It's a Hagon Maico grass track bike so it runs on methanol.

Ask an engineer a question? [ 0 Answers ]

My name is Mr. Horton I'm looking for a dc to dc step up converter or what ever you might know that can do what I'm requesting.I have a controlled range of input 12-15.8v dc 1,260 amps. I need output 72v dc 550 amp,108v dc 550 amp,144 v dc 460 amp,192 v dc 600 amp,144 v dc 250 amp. Can 1 or all of...

Ask a mechanical engineer a question? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello. I need to create a pump-like mechanism that will wave a piece of light silk fabric. The result will be the fabric attached to the wall horizontally and be undulating up and down. This is for a sculpture. Thanks

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.