Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shane1978uk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 03:43 PM
    Negative EtG positive FAEEs
    I've had three tests done with trimega labs 1st test for FAEEs1.18ng/mg EtG 29pg/mg cdt 1.0% says I'm excessive drinker 2nd testFAEEs 1.40ng/mg EtG 12pg/mg cdt 0.9% 3rd testFAEEs 3.26ng/mg EtG 2.4pg/mg cdt 0.8%(this test may of varied due to hair coluring all tests hair been 3cm or shorter yet I hardly drink but I'm still according to be excessive these assumptions by them may cause me to lose my children can anyone help or point me in right direction or give me advice I have a solicitor searching too but any extra help is well wanted thank you reply here or email at [email protected] thanks again people
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shane1978uk View Post
    ive had three tests done with trimega labs 1st test for FAEEs1.18ng/mg etg 29pg/mg cdt 1.0% says im excessive drinker 2nd testFAEEs 1.40ng/mg etg 12pg/mg cdt 0.9% 3rd testFAEEs 3.26ng/mg etg 2.4pg/mg cdt 0.8%(this test may of varied due to hair coluring all tests hair been 3cm or shorter yet i hardly drink but im still according to be excessive these assumptions by them may cause me to lose my children can anyone help or point me in right direction or give me advice i have a solicitor searching too but any extra help is well wanted thank you reply here or email at [email protected] thanks again ppl
    You may wish to direct your solicitor to Moylan J LB Richmond v B [2010] EWCA 2903 Fam That is a UK family court case involving hair EtG testing.

Following is an article from the Barrister magazine in relation to HEtG testing. LINK>

A 2010 study found regular use of products with ethanol content as low as 10% can impact FAEE results. EtG analysis should be used to confirm FAEE findings and appears to be unaffected by hair-care products, likely due to alternative mechanisms of incorporation. 2010 Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, Volume 400, Number 1 - SpringerLink

This mirrored a 2007 study... "It was observed that FAEE concentrations could be not only modified by frequent washes that allowed a decrease of these compounds, but their amount could increase for the environmental contamination mainly because of the frequent use of ethanol containing cosmetics. (Journal of Analytical Toxicology, Vol. 31, March 2007)

Perhaps most important is the finding of Sporkert, et al that found not only alcohol in hair care products but EtG as well. Sporkert, et al (2011) EtG Hair: Positive EtG findings in hair as a result of a cosmetic treatment Forensic Science International

As a point of interest the primary researcher and advocate for EtG hair testing is Prof. F. Pragst. Pragst own 10 separate patents on the process and is a director of Trimega Labs. See Announcement

All of these articles are published in peer reviewed scientific journals and should be of assistance to your solicitor in confronting this absurd test.
    shane1978uk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2012, 02:01 AM
    Thanks for reply dc bill I will read it see if it sheds any light,Do you know or can you see if the colour of natural hair can also affect FAEEs,il reply shortly once I have read link and if I have any comments or alternate questions

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy test positive, negative then positive again [ 3 Answers ]

Hi yesterday I was 13 days past ovulation so I took a test and got a very faint positive. I went and bought teo predictor tests and both were positive. I took a clear blue this morning and it was negative. Feeling very deflated I thought I'd take an Asda test and it was positive. Very confused,...

Positive and negative HPTs. Negative qualitative blood test. Can I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I am 21 years old and over the last 6 days I have taken countless numbers of pregnancy tests. I have had nausea and vomiting. Frequent urination and appetite. I have gotten 1 positive digital test, 1 positive blue dye + - test. 2 positive pink dye + - tests. As well as one positive cassette...

Positive ETG [ 4 Answers ]

Dr. Bill I am seeking help! I was given an ETG test and it came back positive, however I have abstained form alcohol. I had a bilio-pancreatic diversion and duodenal switch (ie gastric bypass) in 2003 and feel that this change in my digestive system may have a hand in the skewed result. I am...

Can a couple who both o positive have 1 o negative and 1 o positive baby [ 1 Answers ]

I am o negative and so is my ex husband we have 2 children together my little boy is o positive but my little girl is o negative is that possible please really need an answer because my ex isn't claiming her because his wife says there's no way she's his because of her blood type and I never...

Negative hpt then positive urine at doctors then negative blood [ 11 Answers ]

:D Hello everyone I was wondering if this has ever happened to any of you or anyone you know? Im pretty sure I'm pregnant! I concived on 25/26 nov 08 and started having same pregnancy symptoms I had with my daughter who is now 2. nausea,tired,dizzy,heartburn,metallic taste in mouth,slight...

View more questions Search