Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gillyoh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 02:26 PM
    No arreas and ssdi
    I Have A Child Support Abilgation And I Am On Worker's Comp,I Recently Filed For SSDI And I Am Not Behind Since W/C Pays My Support What Happens When I Get Approved ?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 27, 2012, 02:34 PM
    Depending on where you live and how all the calculations are done, a certain portion of your SSDI will be taken.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gillyoh View Post
    I Have A Child Support Abilgation And I Am On Worker's Comp,I Recently Filed For SSDI And I Am Not Behind Since W/C Pays My Support What Happens When I Get Approved ?

If you are not in arrears, this applies: "Claimants would do well to note that when they initially apply for SSDI benefits they are asked to provide any pertinent information about dependent children. This is vitally important because the children of someone who is eligible for SSDI payments may also receive a benefit. In the case of a parent who owes child support, there are some states in which this SSDI payment made directly to the child covers or offsets the child support payment that is required by law."
    Social Security Disability And Child Support | Social Security Appeal

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SSDI benefits [ 1 Answers ]

I now live in the Philippines (3 years) and was divorced 6 years ago... I plan on remarrying a nice lady here in the Philippines. My question is whether she would be eligible for some of my SSDI benefits if I pass away? I am only 52 years old.

Remarrage and SSDI? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was awarded SSDI, he currently married. We would like to marry each other once his divorce is final. One question that is a concern for us is, will he lose his SSDI if he remarries?

SSDI and Self Employment [ 4 Answers ]

My SSDI benefit isn't enough to meet my monthly expenses and I need to go to work, but can't afford to lose my benefit and insurance. Is there a way that I can either become self employed or go to work for someone else on a 1099-MISC basis?

Please help ssdi ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have written a couple questions about social security I have one more question if you don't care. I called ssa and asked about my claim last week they told me it went from Baltimore Maryland to pittsburg does anybody know why they sent it to pittsburg. Is that were they issue checks that the...

View more questions Search