Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimoneal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 02:16 PM
    Job drug testing
    I was tested after being in the hospital for an major infection and was on pain meds. Two days after being released from the hospital they called me into work and then on the same day made me take a drug test urine. They terminated me because they said my hydrocodone level was 2800 and something but would not explain what those numbers meant. Could someone please explain it to me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2012, 02:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimoneal View Post
    I was tested after being in the hospital for an major infection and was on pain meds. two days after being released from the hospital they called me into work and then on the same day made me take a drug test urine. they terminated me because they said my hydrocodone level was 2800 and something but would not explain what those numbers meant. could someone please explain it to me.

The person to ask is the Physician who prescribed the medication - was "work" aware that you were taking a prescription from your Physician?

Yes, this is a high level of the medication in your urine (if that is what you are asking).
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kimoneal View Post
    I was tested after being in the hospital for an major infection and was on pain meds. two days after being released from the hospital they called me into work and then on the same day made me take a drug test urine. they terminated me because they said my hydrocodone level was 2800 and something but would not explain what those numbers meant. could someone please explain it to me.
    Do you have a copy of the test results? 2800 can't be interpreted independently.

Were you contacted by a medical doctor, called MRO, prior to your termination?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
    Did they know you were in the hospital, Were these drugs given to you by the doctor or hospital.

You did not say they were. If you were taking illegal drugs, but where in the hospital, then it is still a failed test.

If the drugs were from the doctor and hospital, you appeal the firing with the work place

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug testing [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter had a drug test and it came back positive for opiates,she does't do drugs but she did eat a poppy seed bagel the morning of the test could that make a positive result?

Drug testing [ 6 Answers ]

How long does it take for weed to get out of your system for a physical/urine test? Does drinking a lot of water help it get out faster?

Drug testing for a job [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guys.. I have to take a hair drug test this week. I've only smoked pot once in the last 90 days. 48 days ago to be exact, and I only took 2-3 hits. Do you think I'll pass the test??

Drug testing [ 1 Answers ]

Can you pass an EtG alcohol test

View more questions Search