Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trustdustin Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 10:08 AM
    Dr. Bill 1 and Only ETG question. You answer so many!
    First time I drank in 111 days, doh! Monday I drank I pint of bacardi 40% from around 7pm to 12pm. Been drinking coffee and water heavily the last couple days. I have to take my test at 6pm tonight(Thursday). Should I be good? I am stressing will not take this chance again. Thank you!

Sep 27, 2012, 10:13 AM
    My bad bill. I am 1 5'11 160 and it was from 7pm to 12am
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2012, 10:15 AM
    About 66 hours after consuming 8.5 standard drinks (US 119 g pure alcohol). It's not a sure thing but likely EtG will be cleared in that time.

How did you accomplish the 111 days? That's a good base of sobriety. Don't let the lapse unduly influence your goal. Now you know that you can do it so build on your experience.

Sep 27, 2012, 10:21 AM
    It would be very close wouldn't it? If it came back could it be said that I took some cough medicine before the test?

Sep 27, 2012, 10:24 AM
    Thank you bob. This is way too much stress I just decided to stop but wanted my tests were coming so infrequently I thought I would give it a try. Definitely not worth it!
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 27, 2012, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustdustin View Post
    it would be very close wouldnt it? if it came back could it be said that I took some cough medicine before the test?
    It wouldn't be my advice to compound a bad situation. There are other more reliable tests that could be used with a longer detection period. PEth (blood test) for example. That is a possible consequence of a claim of accidental or inadvertent consumption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

EtG question for Dr. Bill [ 0 Answers ]

Thank you for your response to my previous question. You may have answered this before but my search didn't provide results I felt answered this scenario completely. I had 3 12 oz. beers (corona extra) and approximately 5 oz.'s of 80 proof whiskey on a Monday night into Tuesday morning, starting at...

Dr Bill please answer, ETG Test [ 0 Answers ]

Dr Bill, I am 18 and I took 4 shots of 80 proof aristocrat within 30 minutes, with my last sip being before 11PM on Thursday night. I am 6'1 160,very active(go to the gym and lift at least 4 out of 7 days a week), I have a possible alcohol test on Monday at 3pm, I don't even know if its going to be...

ETG Question for Dr. Bill [ 6 Answers ]

Dr. Bill, On Monday I drank 7 beers ending at 9pm. On Wednesday night (last night) I had 2 gulps of white wine. This morning I was called in for a random ETG UA tomorrow (Friday) at 2pm. Therefore, it will have been 89 hours since Monday's New Year's shenanigans and the test. It will have been...

View more questions Search