Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Med1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 02:23 PM
    Skull fracture
    2 people I know were in a car accident 10 days ago. One is 8 and one is 11. They are in the hospital and both had skull fractures. One had a collapsed lung. About how long will they be in the hospital?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
    Really depends on just how well they respond to treatment.
    This is really a question for the treating physician.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 26, 2012, 02:27 PM
    Not even 100 doctors online can answer that, sorry.
    There are too many variables.
    Ask the family, or if you are allowed to visit, ask the staff for a guess. Even they probably won't predict.
    Med1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
    They're responding well. Could it possibly be months? I just wanted to get a round about idea.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
    Even the attending doctors and nurses don't know.

It depends on residual problems, if there has to be rehab, and maybe they will have problems for the rest of their lives.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 26, 2012, 02:45 PM
    Even though I don't think you are understanding how this is impossible to give 'a round about answer,' if the doctors said that they are responding well, then hopefully that means that it won't be months.
    It sounds like you have asked people close to the situation and that's all you are being told. You need to realize that many, many conditions, especially major injuries like this, DO NOT have an early prognosis, regardless of how many people you ask. Please respect the need to wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong with my skull? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I am a 16 year old male teenager with a problem with my skull. Whenever I press it in the region of where the scalp starts to the back of the head (sort of where a flat spot develops in some babies) I get an ache. This never worried me until I scratched my scalp quite hard and I...

Lumps on babies skull? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter is three months old and recently I found a lump on the back of her head. Its central and is just before the skull dips into the neck at the back of her head. I've never noticed it before and it seems joined to her skull but as you can imagine I'm very worried. She's still laughing...

Lump in skull [ 1 Answers ]

I have found a hard-like-a-bone lump in the left side head of my 10 week old baby, it seems like she has a malformed skull... is this normal or what?

Small lump on skull [ 1 Answers ]

Just under my eye, on the bone that surrounds the eye, there is a very small lump, about a milimetre in length. If I apply pressure to it, I can feel pain, but I think that is just in the skin. It only appears on one side. I only noticed it recently, but it could have bee nthere for much longer. Is...

View more questions Search