Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kena60 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 01:16 PM
    Computer operating systems
    Need help with dos, never used it before, using it for benefits administration / payable. Being trained with no manual. I just don't get it. Is there any online resources to study? Is there a key, once you get it, you get it? 3 weeks in to 8 week training, want to bang my head against the wall.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
    I have to ask, but WHY.
    DOS, as in the pre-cursor to Windows is over 30 years old and was discontinued in 2000.
    Do you actually mean DOS and not a character based application within Windows ?
    Kena60 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    I have to ask, but WHY.
    DOS, as in the pre-cursor to Windows is over 30 years old and was discontinued in 2000.
    Do you actually mean DOS and not a character based application within Windows ?
    I guess it's character based windows, because we have a mouse. (? ) but aren't supposed to use the mouse as we are being trained. " only toggle" . Everything starts with entering a control line, separated with coma's, but it strongly resembles dos. Even the interface looks like 1985.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
    You are using some sort of program that is command line based. You have to learn the commands for that program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to have two operating systems? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi dears I'm fazal khan I have dell optiplex 270 operating system in whcich I would like to have two "OS" in one hard drive I don't know the process there I'm asking you assist me in this issue . ThAnks for assistance Regards Fazal khan

I had partition my computer,using two operating systems. [ 4 Answers ]

I had put another operating system on my computer and I partition it.When I tried to remove one of the operating systems, my windows would not start up ,I get an error message "Error 22" Can someone help me please!!

Computer operating systems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a software program that is not compatible with Vista which is what I am running right now. I am being told that I could run both operating systems on the same computer by using 2/3 for Vista and 1/3 for XP. Will that work?

2 operating systems [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I installed XP pro rather than upgrading home. Now I have 2 OS on my PC. Obviously I'd like to simply be running pro and not home. I'd like to get all my settings from home to pro and get rid of home. Can I do this, or should I just uninstall pro and try and upgrade again. Thanks,...

I have 2 operating systems? HELP! [ 1 Answers ]

I reinstalled my windows xp professional. When the computer boots, it asks me which operating system to start from? I always pick the first one because it is the reinstalled xp. How can I get rid of it asking me that questions? This happened to me before but I forget how to do it.

View more questions Search