Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    piscesbarb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 10:14 AM
    Felony conviction restrictions
    Hello, can I attend a community college with a felony drug conviction? I want to earn a MSW so I can be a social worker, or counselor for drug addicts.?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 26, 2012, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesbarb View Post
    hello, can I attend a community college with a felony drug conviction? I want to earn a MSW so I can be a social worker, or counselor for drug addicts.???

Can you attend? Yes. I'm not aware (other than sex offenders) that someone with a felony conviction cannot enter a college (including community college) campus.

You have years to go, of course, to become get a MSW. I would be very sure you can get licensed in your State with a felony conviction.

Any professional license should be checked before you spend money on tuition.
    piscesbarb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2012, 10:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Can you attend? Yes. I'm not aware (other than sex offenders) that someone with a felony conviction cannot enter a college (including community college) campus.

You have years to go, of course, to become get a MSW. I would be very sure you can get licensed in your State with a felony conviction.

Any professional license should be checked before you spend money on tuition.
    Thanks for that advice. I hadn't thought of becoming liscencesd. I should call a place that I could actually speak with a drug counselor. Great idea! TY Wish me luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Class B felony (WA State) travel restrictions [ 3 Answers ]

I have a relative who has a Class B felony charge for perjury from when she was 16. She is now 24 and planning her wedding. She is hoping for a Caribbean honeymoon. We cannot find any information on travel restrictions for this type of charge. Where is she permitted to travel to, and where can she...

Felony conviction [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is charged with firearem by felon and possession with attempt to sell and deliever crack cocaine and maintainin and dwellin and they charged me with maintainin and dwelling they busted our door down saying they have a search warrant and they came in and ramshacked our home saying they...

Felony Conviction [ 3 Answers ]

I have a felony conviction for drug trafficking. I've served ALL my time. I need to know what to do about having my record sealed/expunged. I need help with this because I need a better job. The conviction was in Georgia and I was released in April 2002. Advice Please!!

Felony Restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

Can a convicted felon receive a passport?

Felony Conviction [ 2 Answers ]

How can I find a job as a felon. What type of work can I do? Can I go to college and if so what are my options;) ;)

View more questions Search