Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubbadersh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2005, 11:49 PM
    2001 Honda Civic - Starter - Can you show me the location of the starter?
    I'm having starting problems with my 2001 Honda Civic EX 4DR. This is the first problem with the car and I can't find the starter. Can you help?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2005, 08:15 AM
    We need somebody that knows Hondas here. You have checked the usual places near the bottom of the engine at the end that has the transmission? Also follow the battery cable. There is a heavy cable runs to the solenoid, and then to the starter. The silenced may be built into the starter.

Note, if it is a hybrid model, I don't think they have starters, the electric drive motor starting the gasoline engine.

If this is not enough help, I may have to direct you to another forum.
    jaydawg828 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2010, 09:01 AM
    Yeah I was told they were in those locations. I've never changed a starter under the car that's why I was hoping to see a pic of some kind where the starter could be. But thanks for the information it is very helpful.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2010, 09:55 AM

jaydawg828, this should answer all of your questions:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post219985

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1996 Honda Accord Starter [ 3 Answers ]

I think I'm having problems with my starter. A week ago I was driving down the road and my entire dashboard went out and then came back on in a split second. The car still drove fine and I was able to make it to my destination. The next morning when I got up my car would not start. Initially...

1998 honda Accord starter problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have the same problem with my 98 accord as was posted many months ago and wondered if anyone had solved their problem. I just tried to start the car and although the starter could be heard spinning, it didn't engage the ring gear and so the engine didn't turn over. I have removed the starter...

94 Civic EX Sedan... Starter Woes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everybody, I have been told that the starter is shot on my 94 Civic (1.6l) EX sedan. I bought a used one on Ebay for a good price, but noticed when it arrived that the tag the parts house affixed was designated 'EX coupe' (of course no mention of coupe or sedan on their initial description, and...

View more questions Search