Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amoore2831 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2012, 07:14 AM
    Accident in NJ; getting out of car in parking lot; other vehicle swings hits door
    I was parked in a mall parking lot and opened my car door to get. A car came swinging into the spot next to me and hit my door as I was getting out. This was in NJ. Who is at fault? I was legally parked.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2012, 07:19 AM
    That is for the police or insurance company to decide. Let them do their work. It may come under "no fault".
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2012, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amoore2831 View Post
    I was legally parked.
    Hello a:

Being parked legally is NOT the issue... Opening your car door WITHOUT looking to see if it's clear IS the issue... You didn't do that. I think it's YOUR fault.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 25, 2012, 08:39 AM
    It will be hard to determine who is at fault, where the door was damaged, and where the other car was damaged is a issue,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

I was parked in a parking lot and my passenger opend his door and a car ran in to it [ 3 Answers ]

I was parked in a parking lot and my passenger opend his door and a car ran in to it

Hit in a parking lot, my vehicle was unattended [ 9 Answers ]

I woke up this morning to find my car had been damaged by the car next to me this morning in my apartment building. I know this is private property, so I'm not sure if the police can do anthing. The car that hit me was in an assigned spot, and I was parked next to them. I've lived there for over a...

View more questions Search