Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honeybearkiss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 06:44 PM
    Passing a Alcohol Test
    A friend is doing alcohol testing on her kids, but she said they passed even though she actually saw them drinking, so what could they possibly be doing to get it out of their system?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 24, 2012, 06:58 PM
    I don't think anyone will divulge that information. There are too many people coming to this site asking how to pass a drug or alcohol test that's court mandated. Giving out that sort of information would allow these criminals to keep bypassing the law.

Suffice it to say, if mommy sees the kids drinking, then why is she testing them? She already knows they're drinking. Seeing someone do it is a lot more reliable than any test. If she believes the negative after seeing the kids drink alcohol, then she's not very bright, is she?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Honeybearkiss View Post
    A friend is doing alcohol testing on her kids, but she said they passed even though she actually saw them drinking, so what could they possibly be doing to get it out of their system?
    What type of test. Breath, urine, saliva? Is it an instant home test or being sent to lab for results?

The results you cite (failure to detect) are not unusual for home tests. Usually this results from the test and not evasion on part of the tested. Each such test has limitations and guidelines that must be followed. Both are defined in the kit, whether furnished by lab or purchased at store. This is called a package insert and is required by federal law.

The most common error in alcohol testing is the cutoff of the test. The level below which it cannot detect alcohol. Many tests are .04 BAC which means you could watch someone drink 5 full drinks across two hours, test them, and the result would be negative. In addition, most home tests contain a specimen validity test (SVT) tab that detects adulterants.

It would be my guess that the problem resides in that area as opposed to a clever method for cleansing one's system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passing an EtG alcohol test [ 13 Answers ]

I am a 24 yr old female 125 Lbs. I drank a pint of Vodka between 12:00 and 8:00 PM on Sunday. I ran ~20 miles from Monday- Wednesday and drank gallons of water. I tested at 5:30 pm Wednesday. What do you think the probability is that I could pass?

Passing a UA test for alcohol - need some facts! [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know exactly how far back they can detect alcohol? Are there different tests? I've read that they can detect alcohol from as far as 3 days back, even if you have just one beer. Is that true? Or is it only 24 hours? I'm confused. Does it depend on the amount of alcohol you consume?

Passing a UA alcohol test on probation [ 26 Answers ]

If I have a few drinks tonight can I still pass a alcohol urine on Monday? I don't know if the probation departments just check the level of alcohol in urine,( can detect alcohol up to 24 hours) or if they do a more extensive test that can detect alcohol for up to five days. Has anyone heard or...

Passing EtG alcohol test [ 1 Answers ]

If someone drinks on Thursday and has an EtG alcohol test on Tuesday afternoon, will they be able to pass the test? This person worked out and also sat in a sauna for two days in a row and drank about 3 gallons of water 2 days before the test. Just curious. Thanks.

View more questions Search