Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kelly 6914432 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Box elder bugs
    I have tons in my house they crawl on everything including my three month old son I don't know what the tree looks like to get rid of it and I need these bugs gone how can I get them out for cheap I got five kids and they r nasty bugs
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 24, 2012, 08:56 PM
    Vacuum them up, and spray around the house with a cup of laundry detergent mixed with a gallon of water. Can you get rid of the tree?
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Sep 24, 2012, 11:00 PM
    A vacuum or broom would be a good tool. And I think Teach meant for you to spray the laundry soap around the outside of your house. Your time might be better spent fixing/installing window screens, and door jams to keep the bugs outside. Getting rid of the one box elder tree in your yard won't keep the bugs from the box elder forest down the street from finding your house.
    Boxelder Bug Management Guidelines--UC IPM
    Boxelder Bugs
    box elder tree image search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What product should I use to keep box elder bugs out of my home [ 0 Answers ]

What product should I use to keep box elder bugs out of my home?

Combo box/list box/drop down box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question for you in regards to a list box in a query. I have a form that I am using and want to give the users some options on what years they want to pull data from. So I was thinking about creating a list box or drop down box that would display the available years, when they highlighted...

How do I keep box elder bugs away? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I get rid of box elder bugs? The south side of my house is just covered with them. I have two kids under 5, and a dog, so I would rather not use pesticides. I know they will fly away to feed, but how do I keep them from coming back. It seems like every year they have become more numerous. ...

Box Elder Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I recently purchased a home with a nice box elder in the yard. I noticed that some of the branches were dead and proceeded to cut them out. This year, some of the branches died just as the leaves were about half the size that they reach during the spring. Is this a bug or fungus problem? I...

Box Elder Bugs [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to get rid of box elder bugs? I live in a mobile home and have been annoyed by these harmless bugs since we moved in but can't find anything to get rid of them... any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks!

View more questions Search