Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eponymouss Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2007, 05:27 PM
    Meeting with ex in a few hours
    I'm having my first meeting with the ex in a few hours. We're going to see a movie.

Here's a link to my original post:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...eed-64783.html

It's been a month of minimal contact. The last real talk we had a month ago she said she didn't think we could be together, she wanted to be my friend. I told her I didn't think I could just be her friend, and that I thought we should start over and take things slow. She said she needed to think things over, and she left town for a week. But, I never really received a clear idea of where we were at after she returned. I expected a call saying these are the decisions I made, and how I think we can proceed. But that call never happened. Instead we've had a few interactions that had nothing to do with "US." I just let her be, besides our little chit chats via email or text.

Last week she called and set up this movie date. And I said yes.

Any pointers for me before I go. I really like her, and miss her, and wish we could give it another shot. That's still my goal. But, I also know I need to leave with some dignity if that is not the case.

Any tips on how to act or what NOT to talk about?

A little quick help?
    LBP Posts: 206, Reputation: 42

Mar 10, 2007, 02:56 AM
    YOu probably should have set the foundations before running out to break ground... Good luck, as I know you're hoping for the best, but I really think things aren't going to go well on this date... Not unless you're content in just being friends.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2007, 03:04 AM
    Honestly, I think that saying yes to a movie date with an ex is not really that good of an idea. I think you should just go their with the knowledge that she only probably wants to be friends. It does not matter what your goal is, because you can not control somebody else's decisions.

Joe
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 10, 2007, 06:24 AM
    Since you've made up your mind to go then enjoy it and have fun and don't mention the relationship or your feelings at all. I would also go home alone afterwards. This is the start of a new cycle of the roller coaster ride and if that's what you want..
    lagunahuntington77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Definitely go on this date as "friends". The last thing she wants is too see that you're doing absolutely great without her. If you act like everything is fine and you're at peace with yourself and your current life, she might start re-thinking about all the good times you had together and how she wants to be apart of your "new" life... give it a shot
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2007, 06:43 PM
    If I were you id ring and say sorry to cancel so late but somehting come up really important and I can't make it.

Then what you do is go back to looking after you forgetting about anything with her for the moment. Just my opinion though!

But if you must go then just be yourself. After all that is who you are isn't it?? That is who she is meant to like if somehting ever did happen again.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2007, 03:31 AM
    So what were the results?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Meeting minutes [ 3 Answers ]

How do I write meeting minutes? Thank you very much

Preparation Of Matters For Meeting [ 2 Answers ]

Dear sir/ma, Please assist with explanation on the following: 1. the writing of notices 2. notes and minutes 3. the organisation and conduct of conferences and discussion groups What is oral communication Planing and conducting interview

Meeting a girl at church [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, this my first time to ask here and I hope everyone can help me. It sounds pretty pathetic but I want to ask how to approach this girl at church. I go to church every Sunday and so does she. I really like this girl but don't know how to start talking to her. If we were in a bar, it'd be easy but...

Agenda for a meeting [ 3 Answers ]

Hello this is ajay I wanted to ask about agendas of meetings If any body knows plzzzzzz mail me Thank u

Meeting Women [ 3 Answers ]

Where is a good place to meet mature, single women over 30? I don't go to bars and live in a small town.

View more questions Search